Ascona Race Car On Ebay

• 1 month later...

i bought my kadett coupe of this guy, the ascona its awsome. but he fails to mention its a cavalier 1300 shell.

At no point in the advert did i say i had relevant log book with car. Yes many many moons ago it was a road mk1 cav, Although it was reshelled from a gen Ascona that was smashed at Snetterton in 94 and have all paperwork for that still, and bizarre but true the original reg number was DOT 105W!

Some might think it a bit pricy but it is an out and out race car. No fast road car whatso ever. If the engine was to be replicated it would cost circa 8k in parts alone.

Hello,

I'd say this car was worth every penny! . Look at the spec list..... Just the crank and con rods probably cost over £1500. How much would you pay for a good Ascona or 2 door Cavalier shell and then have several thousand pounds to spend on building it /race preparing it and testing everything to get a winning car. I'm not just biased by being an Ascona 2 door owner and would say nearly any car built to this kind of standard would fetch this kind of money. The fact that this shell was a Cavalier to start off with wouldn't bother me either . Would any late Manta owners consider reshelling a rusty late car into a mint earlier non sunroof shell and then fitting a 4 bar grille front panel. Sorry I don't mean to start any arguements but just wanted to express my opinion on this car ! Good luck with the sale.....If I had the money I'd buy it.

Luke

Edited by 399Road

Hello,

I'd say this car was worth every penny! . Look at the spec list..... Just the crank and con rods probably cost over £1500. How much would you pay for a good Ascona or 2 door Cavalier shell and then have several thousand pounds to spend on building it /race preparing it and testing everything to get a winning car. I'm not just biased by being an Ascona 2 door owner and would say nearly any car built to this kind of standard would fetch this kind of money. The fact that this shell was a Cavalier to start off with wouldn't bother me either . Would any late Manta owners consider reshelling a rusty late car into a mint earlier non sunroof shell and then fitting a 4 bar grille front panel. Sorry I don't mean to start any arguements but just wanted to express my opinion on this car ! Good luck with the sale.....If I had the money I'd buy it.

Luke

Of course like any thing for sale i am always open to offers or deals!!

Hello,

Luke

I never said its not worth the money. Ive seen the car up close when it was in bits. Its truly mint everywhere the rollcage/strenthening bars are amazing. The car oozes cool. If I win the lottery id love it in my opel collection. :D