Rally Manta

right so why wouldyou want a heated window? do you take the blowers out in rally cars?

when driving rally cars you get a bit hot and sweaty, well i do anyway! the last thing you want is the heater blowing hot air in your face! a heated front screen helps to keep the windscreen clear without raising the temperature of the cabin.

thanks leon, i had a quick look round for one a while ago without any luck. £205 + vat isn't too bad considering . . . .

Heated front screen is also really handy on a road car, particularly on cars like the Manta that don't always get a decent seal between the door and the body/glass so you get loads of condensation which then freezes inside the screen when it's cold.

We had a group buy on the heated screens a few years ago and i think only Ian Packer( blue 24v coupe pictured in current omoc mag) tried to fit his and found it to be too big for the frame, we didn't get ours from the place quoted above but we payed around 200 ish each i think?

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on the heated screen front... I did get it fitted in the end, but only after the local double glazing manufacturers ground a good 8mm off the top edge!! The batch we bought I remembered being nearer £135 as it was a group buy. They were easily identifiable as they had a Cav Mk3 type mirror mounting on the screen - not quite sure why. If any of you are contemplating fitting and removing that mounting beforehand, I placed the screen on a flat surface and poured a good amount of Nitrmors around the mount, packed the scren so it was contained around the mounting and left it over a weekend - on return it had come away without the need for any wrestling or prying :-)

For me the heated screens a must when the engine sits where the heaterbox used to be. Certainly came in handy last Sept when we ventured to Holland and got caught in that biblical rain!

Quick update on the heated screen front... I did get it fitted in the end, but only after the local double glazing manufacturers ground a good 8mm off the top edge!! The batch we bought I remembered being nearer £135 as it was a group buy. They were easily identifiable as they had a Cav Mk3 type mirror mounting on the screen - not quite sure why. If any of you are contemplating fitting and removing that mounting beforehand, I placed the screen on a flat surface and poured a good amount of Nitrmors around the mount, packed the scren so it was contained around the mounting and left it over a weekend - on return it had come away without the need for any wrestling or prying :-)

For me the heated screens a must when the engine sits where the heaterbox used to be. Certainly came in handy last Sept when we ventured to Holland and got caught in that biblical rain!

Cheers Ian , now i have a screen that won't fit the car i bought it for unless i give it to a bloke who will grind it at my risk.

F''king fantastic. well let me find the company we did a group buy from and pi%% in their plant pots

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...