Hi Guys

steel

hi guys,ime from sunny s.wales registered this morning ive owned a few mantas in the past,, the last 10 years ago a red gte coupe ,been restoring my m8,s mk1 golf gti for him lately and got an itch to get a project manta gte coupe again will do all the work myself as budget is tight so if any of you guys have something you think i could use drop me a line ide be very gratefull also where do you guys get your body panels from i seem to remember nothing much was available back when i owned my last manta

There aren't really any body panels available new in this country. There's a few people that do rear valances, wheelarch sections and things like that, or a couple of people in Germany (PS Autoteile or Dr Manta) that do wings, doors etc.

Whereabouts in South Wales are you? We're an active bunch around here, we do plenty of shows over the summer months and normally a monthly pub meet during the winter as well. Well worth popping along and meeting some local members!

There's another member up your way somewhere, Josh (mantaboy89 on here), think he was up in Mountain Ash? Haven't heard from him in a while but he's got a lovely bronze Cav Sportshatch and a Manta hatch that last I heard was getting a V8 in it.

I'll try and remember to let you know when the next pub meet is!

cool, the golf ime working on is having a mk4 golf turbo lump stuck in it but ime having to replace door pillars, wing mounting rails, section of inner wing and outer cills remove the battery tray and beef up the engine mounts ect havent touched a welding torch for years but surprising how quick it comes back

could someone message me and explain how i post pics i want to start a project log [we all love pics] lol

Edited by steel