Maximum Power Through Manta

Glb8686

www.manta-b.de

This guy has a 4,0 24V irmscher engine in his and i think its about 280bhp and a hell of alot of torque. There was also the german "mega-manta" wich had a 5,7 litre chevy.

This one is the most powerfull i know of right now: http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=51636

He has a 5,7 litre edelbrock engine with around 400bhp possible more in. There are rumors of a Manta CC with EDS ph4 engine with 400+ bhp but i really can´t tell for sure if this car exist..

The old thundersaloons and the Manta B stars´n stripes had 600 something but was heavily customized for track use..

guy i know has a mante hatch and has a 6.6ltre i think its a transam engine in it he has the fan and radiator in the boot not sure about power from 1 of these engine but he runs regular sub ten second on the drag stripwould imagine its in the 400,s

Edited by steel

The V12 jag engined manta was or should say is space framed but what a tool i saw it many years ago when there were vaux/opel meetings held at stoneleigh in warwickshire, the show was held undercover in buildings and when it came into the show we all thought nice V8 sound then the owner who i cant remember now open the bonnet!!! WOW we were speachless :thumbup

Does it still exist???

The V12 jag engined manta was or should say is space framed but what a tool i saw it many years ago when there were vaux/opel meetings held at stoneleigh in warwickshire, the show was held undercover in buildings and when it came into the show we all thought nice V8 sound then the owner who i cant remember now open the bonnet!!! WOW we were speachless :thumbup

Does it still exist???

I dont know, but there´s some vid´s on youtube of it :)

Anyways, there´s alot of 24V A series out there, also a couple of LET powered ones (one can only guess on the power output) but there´s a Finnish A series that actually made "driftking" in the national championship. That one is powered by a 3,6 litre (stroked and bored 2,8) with tripple carb´s it would be reasonable to say around 250bhp and that car is as far as i know not spaceframed.

I also recall a V6 build somewhere, using some kind of US engine and turbos... ?

I know of one 3,5 Rover V8 here in Denmark where the MOT are quite strict. Shouldn´t be a problem, you need to make custom exhaust manifolds, and you need to relocate the alternator and of course make custom mounts and oilpan, not to mention the changes needed to fit in a gearbox of some sort. That v8 sound is awsome :) I recently departed with a Chevy Astro Van that had been rebuild with a 5,7 litre smallblock, and the sound is impressive!