Gt/e Loom

mantai200

I am urgently in need of a 2.0 gt/e injection loom. It must be complete with no cuts, goes from the ecu to injection plenum. I bought a complete engine from a guy but he had cut the loom in half and now it is no use to man nor beast.

i havent cut anything m8. it was removed as is there was tape on a section of it that was unravelling if theres a problem a pm wouldnt go amiss before you start slating and you diidnt buy it blind you collected in person so had every opportunity to look it all over as it goes i have another engine loom in the pile of spares i have :angry:

Edited by steel

i havent cut anything m8. it was removed as is there was tape on a section of it that was unravelling if theres a problem a pm wouldnt go amiss before you start slating and you diidnt buy it blind you collected in person so had every opportunity to look it all over as it goes i have another engine loom in the pile of spares i have :angry:

I am not slating anyone, I never noticed the damage to the loom until I unloaded the engine etc out of the car and my mate pointed it out to me. We thought we could solder it together, but there are 5 white wires on one part and 1 brown, then 6 white on the other part.

Nothing personal at all mate, I should have looked it over properly but didn't as I wanted to get back with it as I had a fair way to drive.

Any chance you could post me the one you have and I can send you a cheque or paypal for it ?

Or if you are going to the agm tomorrow, could you give it to Chris Collier ? ;)

i will check it over m8 [wont get up there till tomoz/tuesday] and if its ok will send it to you thought you was having a pop without giving me opportunity to put things right :thumbup

Edited by steel

Still need this loom, has anyone out there got one, getting deperate now, need to get the conversion done urgently as now using the a series as my daily drive.

c'mon guys, someone must have a spare loom to sell :thumbup

Hi mate, I'm breaking a GTE and a GSi, both hatches, will have a look for you and see if there is one whole loom out of the 2. Is it the complete engine loom you need? Everything from the ecu and forward?

Cheers, Peter.

I've just been up to my workshop and removed a loom for you. It looks to be in good nick, not been butchered. It will need a new crimp on the plenum end of the heavy brown earth from the ecu. If you want it PM me your address and I'll post it to you in the morning first class so it should be with you next day.

As for payment, just enough to cover the postage and maybe a pint, say a tenner?

Cheers, Peter.

Hopefully you will get this in time, but if not, I now have a wiring dig. and so have found out how to repair yours if needs be.

But a non butchard one will be alot better. :thumbup

Hopefully you will get this in time, but if not, I now have a wiring dig. and so have found out how to repair yours if needs be.

But a non butchard one will be alot better. :thumbup

Hi Chris,

So any chance we can get the conversion done this weekend ? ;)

Chris,

I have already asked him to send it to my works so I could check it over and then re-tape it ready so as to save time , last thing I want to do is put it in the car and then struggle to re-tape it. :thumbup

Sorted kev it's comeing to you.

I didn't know if you would see his post before the morning, and as time is short whated to get it in the post ASAP.

Yep on for Saturday, just hope it's fine, cause the garage is full. :thumbup