Bonnet Wanted

Brown Job

Am now seeking a bonnet for my Cav Mk1.

People might recall that this was the car that got jumped on by some *$!4&*#* a couple of years back. At the time, those out in Mantaland were very kind to me and a few offers of bonnets came in, but sadly I had to refuse these with thanks, as hadn't the money to get a bonnet resprayed and nowhere to store one while I saved up. I just knocked out the worst of the damage myself and carried on.

So, now having saved enough to get a respray, I'm interested in getting a bonnet to put the paint on!

Ideally, said bonnet would be in perfect condition Opel Jade Green Metallic, then I don't need a respray ... but the chances of that happening ain't much better than me finding Lord Lucan.

So, I'll settle for a bonnet in good undented condition, either within a reasonable distance of Chester for me to pick up myself, or capable of being delivered to the Chester area. (How the ??? does anyone transport a bonnet without dinging it, anyway?)

Anything out there, please?

BJ

Edited by Brown Job

hii

have an excellent bonnet in green off 86 gte hatch

would be prepared to get couriered to u,it would be well packaged,sent tailgate inc glass,arr no problem

cheers colin

Hi Colin,

That sounds REALLY good, especially if it's the right shade of green. Would you like to pm me with details and likely cost including courier, based on what you paid for the tailgate? Bonnet should cost less as it's a bit less bulky and a lot lighter.

Shan't be able to reply this week, though, as just found I will be out of the area for a few days due to work stuff.

BJ

Id just be careful wot u buy. I bought a perfect white bonnet a few months ago and spent 10hrs sorting the dings n lumps that cant be seen initially until rubbed down.

OK, buyer beware, I know, but we're talking rough-around-the-edges daily driver here, not a concours car. It won't need a mirror-like finish at the end of the day, just a good presentable item to go with car.

BJ

i have a mint ont off a 88 in monoco blue also got mint wings same colour ready in two weeks

thanks pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your offer, at present I think I might be doing a deal with Colin (see this thread) as his bonnet is green to start with, but I'll keep you posted, we should know where we're going with this by end of next week. Wings? I have some on the car that come with "speed vents" already in them ...

BJ

Hi Kurt,

Yes, Manta/Cavalier are the same bonnet (except Specials), just different nosecones. Am in the middle of doing a deal with other Manta types on here, but thanks for the offer, will keep it in mind in case for some reason they don't come off.

BJ