Carlton 2.2 Discs

biffy1984

I have Volvo 4 pots on the front of my car. The discs are pretty badly warped now and have been skimmed before so it's probably time to splash out on a new set. My discs fit the caliper perfectly, I was told they were custom made so you don't get the pads overhanging the disc like the Carlton ones.

Question is if I'm ordering a set of Carlton ones what year of car are they from? Diameter and thickness of disc etc? And where is a good place to get them from? Might of even tried grooved or drilled if they weren't too overpriced.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roy, thanks for posting the picture up, what calipers are they? Where did you source them from as I could do with a new pair for my own car.

Sorry if Im wrong here but I really hope thats not copper grease on the stub axle as thats really not a good idea for wheel bearings, too low a melting point and doesnt have the same lubrication properties as its meant as an anti seize agent.

Scott.

Thanks Roy, just what I'm looking for. I see Larkspeed have the Black Diamond discs listed for £131 so I'll definately be ordering a set. The wife is very good at warping standard discs and I'm fed up having them skimmed!

Cheers

Peter

Hi Scott,

no definitely not copper grease, its the original grease old and dark brown. It was all repacked with new LM grease!

The discs look great through the alloys, always gets a comment at the mot :)

Ah ok, Id hate to see you have a bearing collapse on you! (been there, not fun)

Can you tell me what the calipers are? I think I can use Mk2 Astra GTE ones but not quite sure.

Those discs do look nice though, Ill have to get myself a pair of those for stock!

Thanks, Scott.