Radio Suppressor

Julian

My son has failed to find a 1.0 ohm capacitor, the one that you stick on the coil to stop ignition interference, they don't seem to be around any more, or are we looking in the wrong places? Anyone got one hanging around, it must be a clean non rusty one, for his Classic Cortina ( sorry to use swear words!!)

My son has failed to find a 1.0 ohm capacitor, the one that you stick on the coil to stop ignition interference, they don't seem to be around any more, or are we looking in the wrong places? Anyone got one hanging around, it must be a clean non rusty one, for his Classic Cortina ( sorry to use swear words!!)

Looks as though there is a world shortage of these then :(

1 ohm? Sure you don't mean 1uF.

No, that's the one that suppresses the generator, it's the 1.0 ohm for the coil.

Cheers M8, I will do that.

They don't stock them anymore Mike, they do a black plastic one, but you and I know how important it is to try and find an OE part!!!!!!! well at least a look alike! It's annoying when I think back and there was never a workbench or a shelf in any workshop that you would,t see them lying around. So next stop is Dr Manta then :thumbup

Edited by Julian