Steering Column Universal Joint Replacement Question

CRAZYDAVE

Hi everyone i have a quaife quick rack fitted to my Manta. It appears that the same type of universal joint that is standard fitment at the top is also fitted to the lower replacing the standard rubber joint, however both are worn. :( My question is would two of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-dd-3-4-dd-steering-universal-joint-u-joint-chrome-new-/350577765812?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a0102db4 replace the two universal joints currently fitted? Cheers Dave

You can buy steel forged joints in the UK with 3/4" dd both ends, TJM stock them I think, and we will again once I actually get round to ordering another batch (last lot went quite fast on ebay), they come in around £35 apiece unless prices have gone up since last batch.

I used to be able to get the original Nacam items as fitted to the manta from new, but Nacam in Wales have shut down (as usual with british manufacturing!) so I have to get them from another manufacturer now, who incidentally also makes manta and chevette quickracks. (not really any cheaper than quaife though by the time I've covered the costs of fetching them or getting them posted, which is slightly annoying as the supplier is only 15 miles away from me! will work on them to see if price can move a bit!)

Edited by Retro Power