1.8S Ratio (3.67:1) Standard Differential.. Maybe A Gte One..

Rick-Manta

That's a shame that mate being so close, let me know if anything else comes up. Hopefully who ever bought it (if anyone) would look to sell the bits on ebay for more. Thanks again.

I'm wondering if the centre ball thingy in the diff (technical term) that people weld up is the same on the GTE, early B's or other vauxhall rear axles? I'm contemplating striping the diff down to component parts and possibly replace just the damaged ones, I've got to keep the same crown gear regardless..

Rick, if you do replace the whole axle I may be interested in taking the welded diff axle off you as long as you don't want anything silly for it.

That's a shame I was kind of hoping to swap it for a pair of clown shoes and a fart machine, you can't get sillier than that! :D

..I've literally just received a diff which I'm going to try and make a good one from mine and this one, however if all goes well, I will have a welded diff with crown wheel and matched pinion shaft, the bearings and shims I will have to remove from mine and pray the backlash is in tolerance, but I will keep it by if anyone fancies it for a budget drifting car..

• 5 months later...

It went well thanks mate. I did post a few pics and described it on my project page (probably a bit buried now but it's 'Anthracite Manta Hatch' if you wanted a look) I did have to replace the bearings but used everything else was the cars original and had to swap the crown gear to match the existing pinion shaft as I was told it's gear and the crown gear are a machine matched pair.