Narrow Bodied 400 For Sale

I found and subsequently bought an original lhd 400 Manta few years back. Barn find sort of a jobby. I am almost sure i was given pictures in her history folder of certain parts of her when she came out of the factory, like the rear and underneath. Also have the original bill of sale that was supplied with the car - can upload if anyone is interested. Maybe an options list too. Think the new price was £9700 back then, but would need to check the receipt. I know mine was bought as a straight sided car and then was sent to get the 400 kit and ronals etc etc fitted shortly after. Been that long since i looked over the car never mind anything else.

Yeh stick the pics up etc. Ian I think your on about the AC Delco car that sold this year. I suppose it's worth more for the type of 400 it is and the history behind it. I watched the auction and would love to know where it is etc, it sold for £65,000

Yeh stick the pics up etc. Ian I think your on about the AC Delco car that sold this year. I suppose it's worth more for the type of 400 it is and the history behind it. I watched the auction and would love to know where it is etc, it sold for £65,000

I think Chris Burbecks got it and it's currently being restored. Yes that's right £65,000 and it needs restored!!

I think Chris Burbecks got it and it's currently being restored. Yes that's right £65,000 and it needs restored!!

Not sure if Chris bought this as a second 400 but he is restoring one which came from Ireland as i was after it myself but was a week too late.

• Like 1

Not sure if Chris bought this as a second 400 but he is restoring one which came from Ireland as i was after it myself but was a week too late.

Having not seen it with my own eyes I couldn't guarantee it was the same one. I can remember there was a bit of hassle as there's actually two of that car sharing the same reg and chassis number if I remember rightly

Having not seen it with my own eyes I couldn't guarantee it was the same one. I can remember there was a bit of hassle as there's actually two of that car sharing the same reg and chassis number if I remember rightly

Believe the two cars sharing chassis numbers relates to one of the Andrews heat for hire cars, problems arose when it was offered for auction at autosport show around 2001-2002. can remember hearing storybut not outcome. ac delco car Is SMK 351Y which was owned by Andy Horne for at leas 25 years, WIA 5958 was also a ac delco car that was later a Andrews car.