Footman James Classic Car Show Manchester September 20/21

Redrobie

Just noticed this on a post on the OMOC Facebook page.

It looks like to get a club stand would require a club rep to be involved but it sounds like a good event. Is anyone else interested? If so who is the local rep for Manchester and would they want to arrange it? I would be happy to help if I can.

Bob.

I would like to help being the NW England OMOC area rep, but I will not be available for those dates. I will speak to committee members at Billing to try and arrange alternative help.

Thanks, I would be happy to sort out the booking side etc but would need an idea of how many cars would be available and what type of display equipment the club can access for these events. Not wanting to take anyone's role but it sounds like quite a big event reading the flyer. Unfortunately I don't know how to post a link to the website. I might can get it done when I get home tomorrow night but if anyone can put a link up I think it might stimulate some interest.

Bob.

If anyone wants to have a look the shows website is www.manchesterclassiccarshow.com

Bob

http://www.manchesterclassiccarshow.com/

http://www.manchesterclassiccarshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Club-Application-Form-MCCS-2014.pdf

The Hardest thing is to get people to commit, I do have some banners and bunting if you require it

Well as you can see from the thread not a lot of people are showing any interest at all!!!

I guess it's partly to do with having to commit to a full weekend from Friday lunch to Sunday night with all the expense that does incur. I simply though there might be interest, if not nothing is last and people can enter as individuals if that is better for them. Or simply go along on either day for a day out.

Bob.

Hi Bob.

Just read your topic. Sounds like a decent idea for a club display in Manchester.

I've read the link and the show will offer a a plot to accommodate 3 to 4 cars.

Are you going to Billing?

In which case we could have a chat there.

Don't get disappointed with lack of responses. Sometimes it takes a while to filter through.

Cheers,

Blake

Yeah, I will be down Saturday and Sunday probably but not staying on site and at this point I may not even be in the Manta. Let me know what you are in and I will try to find you. Once I know what I am in I will posit on here.

This goes for anyone interested in putting a display on at this event. I am happy to do the bookings etc once the club has agreed to us doing it, even though it is very unlikely that my car will be good enough to put on show this year anyway due to various delays with the bodywork.

Bob.

Anyone interested in this event. I will be at Billing but not with the Manta. I will be in my daily drive which is a metallic green Jaguar X Type, reg is SP52 MLZ. if I can get enough interest I will do a form and start the process once I have permission to do so from the club.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi, sorry I never got to meet up and chat about this show with anyone, trouble with having more than just a Manta and nothing working, I spent most of my time searching for parts etc. Anyway if anyone from the committee can give the clubs permission I would be happy to arrange a stand at this.

Anyone interested in displaying can contact me here. Ideally I would like a variety of cars on the stand, old, newer, hatch, coupe and Ascona but I think I will have to take whatever I can get. If you are offering your car please bare in mind the car needs to be in position on Friday early evening and cannot be moved until Sunday after the show closes. This is a big commitment and could mean you need a hotel room for the duration or at least a second car to get yourself home and back again.

Any help with designing a layout and preparing info boards etc would be very much appreciated as would the loan of Opel flags, signs or bunting, and anything else you may think appropriate.

Please try to let me know in the next few days so I can do an entry form and make arrangements for accommodation for myself and my wife.

Thanks, Bob.

Hi Bob,

Yeh I think we saw you drive away from the Manta club field area straight past our 2 Manta's as I'd mentioned earlier.

As you hadn't spoken to us, we thought you weren't interested in the show anymore.

A problem I have is you not showing a Manta yourself. I'm not saying that this would be the case but I have been down the road before when someone comes up with idea of entering a show with club stand etc. and then doesn't show a car themselves.

I've been left before with doing a lot of the work because the organiser hasn't been dedicated enough as they had no car to show.

This is in no way disrespecting yourself but I'm just highlighting a previous experience that I don't want to repeat. I think I will give it a miss this time.

Hope to catch up sometime,

Regards,

Blake

• Like 1

That's fine by me. I can understand.

As for not talking there must have been a dozen white exclusives on the field and almost as many blue ones. I think I was probably the only Jag.

As it happened I was rather tied up with collecting and sourcing parts for a non Manta having fully expected mine to be completed by Billing. When I first suggested doing the Manchester show I was still optimistic of having my Manta down at Billing. There does seem to be a lack of interest in members who turn up in anything other than a Manta at Billing and not camping did not help. I was also meant to see the area rep and possibly some of the committee to arrange permission for the show.

Maybe next year.

Bob.

• Like 1

The Area rep, was updated at Billing, with Martin Warner (A2BGTE), Lewis P and myself sharing responsibilities between us. Not 100% on full format as we haven't discussed this yet, but will encompass the whole NW and North Wales areas.

We will update soon once things have been arranged.