Known Good 2.4 Complete Bottom End - Or 2.0? Complete Engine?

HARDCORE

Hi y'all,
My 2.4 kerploded the day after Billing. I've got at least 1 cracked piston & fek knows what else..
Has anyone got a 2.4, complete with crank & pistons they could furnish me with? Must be known good, don't mind travelling a bit for it, or arranging pallet shipping, etc..
Thanks!
HC.

Edited by HARDCORE

Thanks Craig - I've actually be chatting with that guy on eBay - I'm not sure he knows what it is..  (he told me it's a 2.0 CIH overbored to 2.4) - am I right to think that's a 2.4 Frontera block with a 2.2 Carton head? Or a Frontera head?

Can my manifolds be made to line up with that heads? (Rekord exhaust and Manta inlet, with Frontera injectors) They're all in a line, more or less (Manta GTE head), whereas the ports on that head are higher for the inlet & lower for the exhaust..  Any advice appreciated!

Well the block is stamped 2.4, so it isn't an overbored 2.0 anyway.

If your existing head is a 2.0 Manta one, and this engine has a 2.2 or 2.4 head, the inlet won't line up. You can (I believe) redrill the inlet manifold mounting holes to make it work, or else you need
a cutdown 3.0 6-cylinder manifold. A 2.2 manifold won't fit under the bonnet, and from what I've researched, is meant to be restrictive too. Someone more knowledgable might be able to advise you different...

Its the 2.4 inlet that doesnt fit under the bonnet because it is way too tall. 2.2 is fine. But as has already been said- The 2.0 inlets and exhausts are in line whereas the 2.2 and 2.4 ones are offset hence using the 2.2 or cut down Monza inlet (or redrilling head to fit). Bigger valves though so worthwhile upgrade?..

Andy I may have a spare 2.4 exhaust manifold after my conversion (unless I threw it away). If you need me to check at the old house let me know. The 2.4 can use the GTE injectors and injection gubbins but if you want the 2.4 rail you might need to get it shortened. Paul from Newquay was having some done which is where mine is from.