Where To Start With The Interceptor

Caprica Jonny

After looking for a Manta for a fair while, I ended up driving to the end of the world for one.

Got it home, parked in garage and kind of lost interest... like straight away. Was kind of weird really.

We I sort of have my second wind with it now... I think its because i didnt have a direction to go with it.

BUT....

I now have.... I want a black beast with a 400 kit, turbo red top and some wicked power at the rear wheel. I would like modern internals and reliability but with wicked 80's style!!! wont a cross between Mad Max Intercepter and Knightrider ahaha

I am very good at tinkering and given time and a cool head can get most things done, and I also love to tinking and playing which helps.

I just want some advice on were to start... and problems I may come across, the manta is sound in body and engine. Started first time after been stood for 2 months in my mums double garage. (god I feel she will be getting annoyed at me very soon)

Any info on the engines or items i will have to update i.e brakes, steering (not fun turning without todays power steering)

I am sure I will be on here alot more...... BRING IT ON..

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

I was thinking of doing something similar with my V8 A series. Which interceptor are you on about the black one he uses towards the end of the first film or his yellow, blue and red one at the start. The closest manta I believe is to the mad max car is the A series from the front but that's about it but would look awesome as you could use the manta A rear to look like Kitt.