Three Mantas Cumbria

• 3 weeks later...

OUR EARLY DAYS ON THE ROAD (1982)....WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!
I'M IN THE MK2 CORTINA ESTATE... [WELL MY ARTISTIC IMPRESSION OF IT ANYWAY]

KEEPSINGINGBOYS2_zps14246686.jpg
OUR THREE MANTAS......SEEN IN THE LAKE DISTRICT RECENTLY
THEROADTRIP20142_zpsf5c0a31e.jpg
THE RED ONE IN THE PICTURE HAS NOW BEEN RESPRAYED A GRAPHITE GREY AFTER A COMPLETE REBUILD, AND
UNFORTUNATLY THE WHITE HATCH HAS SUFFERED A REAR END COLLISION AND I BELEIVE IS DUE TO BE WRITTEN OFF :( ...WHICH WAS A VERY SAD END TO OUR TOUR OF THE LAKE DISTRICT CELEBRATING OUR 50TH BIRTHDAYS THIS YEAR.
I HOPE IT ISN'T TOO LONG BEFORE WE'RE ALL BACK IN CONVOY AGAIN!

Edited by monaco ray

Blast that must mean it was my white hatch that's been written off by an idiot in Watford. :( but I'm going to fight his insurance to try and get it sorted. Front and rear damage.. yes it was hit so hard while stationary with full brakes on it was pushed into the car in front. May need to get a club valuation on it for the fight ahead.

Guess the red one turned grey must be mine then. Been a very hectic year stripping it down and doing all the usual manta welding and repair work to get it ready for our boys reunion in the lakes. Such a sad end for the white hatch but with a bit of luck a possible rebuild on the horizon. Funny old thing there is always one of our Manta's out of action for some reason or another. We did 1100 miles in the week in the lakes, that was more than mine had done in the last twelve years. It was a bit of a gamble as it had only done 27 miles post rebuild before we left for the lakes. Looking forward to when they can all be together again.