Gerry

Hi to all, finally become a member. Now got a red Berlinetta on a 85 plate. Working on it now, engine stripped :- new pistons and rings, ,waiting for camshaft and followers, needs rear valance welding, little hole in engine bay(nothing to worry about). Other than that nothing to worry about. 

Hope to get it on the road by summer, will be my 4th manta. Started with a beautiful gold GTJ, then a white GTE hatch, following with a grey GTE coupe. Now got myself a red Berlinetta. Hoping to get it converted to power steering, forgot what it was like to drive in the good old manta days.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the club Gerry.

Where about in Wigan are you? You are only up the road from me as I am in Haydock.

I have the components to convert to power steering if your interested (not converting mine now).

We have a very active area for shows and monthly meets if your interested.

Have you got pictures off your car to post?

Regards

Edited by robah

Hiya robah and spiney

Live in ince wigan. Not got round to doing my power steering,but will do,more concerned about engine rebuild and any welding that needs doing.Nice to hear that there is someone local(let me know were you are),yes I am very interested in local meets and get togethers. ive sent a email to david, thanks spiney.

Its good to become a member and get to know all who love Manta,s.

Looking forward to getting my car up and running.

Hiya robah and spiney

Live in ince wigan. Not got round to doing my power steering,but will do,more concerned about engine rebuild and any welding that needs doing.Nice to hear that there is someone local(let me know were you are),yes I am very interested in local meets and get togethers. ive sent a email to david, thanks spiney.

Its good to become a member and get to know all who love Manta,s.

Looking forward to getting my car up and running.

My Father in-law lives in Higher Ince, top of Bell Green Lane, Big Cliff on here lives near Rose bridge School

Hi Gerry we meet up at the "Boddington Arms, http://www.fayre-squ...lackburn/p1243/ Myerscough Smithy Road, Balderstone, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 7LE,  just of Junction 31 M6 every first Friday of the month. Mainly between 1900 - 2300, most usually get meals from here and just chat and chill.

The next meet is on 6th Feb, unless we do the Rally stage visit in Blackpool again. Will let you know ASAP.

Regards