Rekindled Passion

I've waited patiently since Bristol & West Classic car show at Shepton Mallet in June to purchase Rapierdave's 1976 Cavalier Coupe, He was determined to take it to Billing (which subsequently won a prize and then got smashed!) and, once fulfilled, it has now come to me. I had a 1976 Manta B SR Berlinetta in the late 70s which I always regretted selling and Dave rekindled my passion with his own 1977 Berlinetta in 2014. When he then showed the Cavalier at this year's Bristol Show...that was it! I met Dave through the Rapier Owners Club a few years ago, of which I am still an owner, as well as owning a Stag and Mercedes 280TE, so I have wide ranging loves. I have just joined the OMOC and Forum, so hope to be active in the future (given divided loyalties!).

• Like 3

Hello Derek,

welcome along and congratulations for prizing the Cavalier out of Dave's grasp, it's a very nice example.

your user name might cause some raised eyebrows !! ( but we have had Bettyswollox on here for years !!)

• Like 1

Yes, since June when agreeing to purchase from Rapierdave, my son has been following sightings of it on Facebook and this forum. Dave informs me it has been well liked...it certainly attracted me when I first saw it at Shepton this summer. Hopefully I'll get to take it some classic car events before the season is over.

• 3 weeks later...

Attended my first show with the Cavalier Coupe at a fine Steam & Classic Car show at the West Somerset Railway,  Norton Fitzwarren near Taunton on 3 August. The only Cavalier there (not unsurprisingly) and received numerous compliments... even the entry marshall shouted to a colleague "Wow!  When did you last see one of these? " Very satisfying. In the limited autojumble (4 stalls! ) I even found a replacement fan motor switch for my burnt out one.... and, I collected a set of genuine GM ATS alloy wheels on my way home from a terrific 'collection only' ebay deal. All in all a great day out. 

• Like 1