frontera 2.4 engine

poddy

Grab the loom and ecu. The loom will need a lot of changes made to it to get it to fit and is not a straight plug and play.

You will also need to either mod a 2.0l inlet manifold, cut down a 3lt manifold or find a 2.2 carlton manifold, the frontera one is to high

On the one i've just bulit for a customer we used a 2.4 Carlton ECU and a wiring loom from the same which was cut up and re-built to fit the Manta, we are also using the crank sensor and Lamba sensor.

Again you can also use tghe 2.2 set up as well

Andy

• Like 1

i am getting above engine as mentioned on fb . what electronics do i need to take from frontera as well as loom and ecu ??

Not running the standard injection on mine, but have had the bottom end completely rebuilt. Watch out with the 2.4 pistons as the skirts score the bore and had to have mine bored out as it was worn and only had 70k on the clock. Pistons are hard to find new. will try to get some pics up on the blog as not got many of the engine but have some parts links that might help if you need parts. www.theopelproject.com

Andy

• Like 1

When I built mine I used all 2.2 injection hardware and ecu from an 86 carlton, purely because its bolt on. It runs well enough with the engine fully rebuilt, overbored, flowed head, 3mm skimmed flywheel, kent cam and adjustable vernier etc. Maybe I could get more out of it but it runs just fine for me! If you understand or get help with the newer injection systems then I'm sure thats the way to go. :)

• Like 1

When I built mine I used all 2.2 injection hardware and ecu from an 86 carlton, purely because its bolt on. It runs well enough with the engine fully rebuilt, overbored, flowed head, 3mm skimmed flywheel, kent cam and adjustable vernier etc. Maybe I could get more out of it but it runs just fine for me! If you understand or get help with the newer injection systems then I'm sure thats the way to go. :)

Not quite standard!

http://www.theopelproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2012201220111.jpg

• Like 1