New Manta GTE project door locks.

Barillo

Hello. Bar here. First post on this great tech forum soon after buying a 2.0 GTE Exclusive from a pal who didnt have the time to do the work on it and getting running proper. I am hoping with a bit of luck 2 do this soon. I have never had a car such as this before and have a few jobs to do. One problem is both the door and tailgate locks dont lock?  I got one shabby looking key and it does turn the ignition. (engine turns over and has fired couple times thats all) which is better than nowt.  Can anyone help me to source a set of some new or decent replacement locks? Perhaps I could fix the ones on the car already? Are there any other GM car models which locks would work on this car? Sorry 4 long post  Regards. Bar.

Welcome along Barillo,

try putting a post in “parts wanted section” or keep an eye on “parts for sale” sections. There is a chance you may pick up a complete replacement set of locks including ignition from lads breaking mantas that are too far gone for economic restoration. I have sourced a lot of replacement parts this way, it works well.