2.0 Berlinetta vacuum mix up

Dave1958

Hi 

Thanks for all the previous help 

I didn’t pay attention to where all the damaged and missing vacuum hoses went in my 2.0 Berlinetta with a Weber carb .

1- There is a vacuum connection on the carburettor body down near the inlet manifold . I assume this runs the advance and retard on the distributer ?

2- The vacuum hose Union on the servo pipe has two connections .

I think the LH connection as you face it connects to the rigid pipe coming up from behind the rear of the engine . Not sure what this pipe does .

3- The other connection RHS I believe connects to a rubber pipe going to the rocker housing vent hole 

4- Air filter box . I have connected the hose between the actuator and the flap . There is another shorter hose that by shape drops downwards from the air filter box but I have nowhere to connect it .

Hence I’m wrong somewhere .

Could anybody assist please ?

Happy to say I sorted out my leaking rear wheel cylinders .

It was the dodger Autodoc bleed nipples that leaked when one man bleeding so I went back to two people bleed and it prevented sucking in air .

Dave 

hi. yes the vacuum advance will go to the stub on the carburettor.

the rocker cover breather small pipe usually goes to a straight stub actually on the manifold just under the carb.( usually blocked as its a very small hole !)yours may not have this hence the second pipe ? ? but never seen it that way ?

the servo 12mm hose connects to the screw in piece which also has a small stub on its left which goes up to the air filter temperature valve and then a pipe from this valve to the flap at the front of the air filter box.

absolutely never seen a pipe dissapearing down the back the engine unless its an auto and its the vacuum valve at the back of the box

hope this helps

Hi All 

Yes it’s an auto so explains the vacuum pipe to gearbox which I think I’ve got right .

I will check the other connections tomorrow .

Its a Webber carb so the Manual shows a couple but not all the pipes .

I will have another look tomo but it starts on the button ( single flick on the key ) runs , drives and changes  gear ok so getting there .

Bit of a reverse gear selection clunk but the idle speed is a bit high so think that’s the cause .

Otherwise getting through the list of issues after 25 years in a garden .After doing loads of welding , panel changes ( rear quarter !!) and bodywork I don’t mind a few hose problems when I can ask for help 

Thank you all again for taking the time to help !

David 

• Like 1