Handbrake cable grommet

Metalbasher

Evening all, has anyone got a spare handbrake cable grommet, the one that guides the cable from the handbrake lever to the underside exit? My original is ripped and although repairable, if anyone has a new or intact example I’m all ears.

I know our German friends have them, but minimum order and postage isn’t feasible, unless someone is planning on making an order I can add to?

Thanks

FA5D1510-D9B6-4A5F-90AC-F7027E01A179.jpeg

• Like 2

Hmm, it is indeed a barrier to buying anything from there.

Any members out there who combine orders, to ease the minimum order / delivery cost issue with Edelschmiede? Has this been done in the past?

If not, is it worth putting to the committee for discussion?

• Like 2

Well, if you do, best make it quick 😂 I thought I was getting this part from another supplier but it turns out I’m not. And I needed it last year! 

whats the minimum order? I’m happy to help if you don’t want to. 

What’s the minimum order value? 

I can’t see one. One item costs €24 to ship to UK though, which isn’t cheap. Better if there’s more stuff. 

On 11/01/2023 at 17:34, mepbowles said:

Minimum order from Edelschmiede is a killer.

If you find someone to do an order, I'm also after the little rubber standoff that holds the fuel flap off the body of a cav saloon.

I can’t find that one on there, have you seen it on there? 

If the shop is on eBay, will postage be the same - expensive. 

Would be a great opportunity for the club to approach them, as I'm sure they would make use of panels.

If the club could do a quarterly order, would this help, if discount is available, as an incentive - why not put it forward in forthcoming AGM -  Metal Basher. 

• Like 2

Hmm, quite right Sutty, I’m getting mixed up with the Dr Manta shop if you’re familiar with that site. Minimum order to private buyer is 175 euros.

I’m happy to make contact with Edelschmiede and Dr Manta to find facts, but as Evo says any idea should be run past the committee in the first instance.

I think Alymac (ebay Opel Spares) bought stuff from Germany, if Alastair is a member on here he may offer advice?

• Like 1

I’ve definitely never had a minimum order from Edelschmiede in the past, but I have ordered upwards of 100€ before now. I think if we want some bits, we can put an order together to help split the postage cost. I know there will be postage again over here but it should work out cheaper. I’ve already f**ked up ordering from someone else, I should have ordered from Edelschmiede first. There are parts of the forum that don’t get used anyway, like the Ask Andy section. Andy hasn’t worked for Vauxhall for some years now so that needs replacing. We could have a section that people put an order down once every other month then it all gets payed for then ordered. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Metalbasher said:

Sorry all, just back from Autosport International at the NEC. Mixed feelings about it really. 

Good idea Sutty, I’m all for that suggestion.

I’ve started a thread in the general section. I’ll be ordering Monday night/Tuesday. 

• Thanks 2

Yes, it wasn't that there was a minimum order. It was just I forgot to order a part that costs €3-4 when I made an order and didn't want to pay €24 postage for it.

https://www.edelschmiede.com/shop/Rubber-tank-filler-cap

image.png.a886e39f6bd17445fa1928f9cfaa23b8.png

Even an annual club order would be good if it could coincide with VBOA Rally to simplify distribution a little, and maybe even boost attendance.

Do we have club area reps?