Front Left Brake Caliper

Kenny G

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help from any members who may have or know where to source a Front left Brake Caliper for my 1979 2.0SR. I have had a bit of a mare with both purchased (from Germany) being incorrect. First one was incorrect side, Second one was for a smaller pad set up. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference. Part No. on calliper is 64322439.

Any help / Guidance would be much appreciated.  1/2 way through winter upgrades / repairs and hoping to have it back on the road soon.

Thanks in advance 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Have you tried Biggred, caliper restore company, I recently bought a rebuild kit of them including pistons. They will refurb, or you could ask them to check part numbers. 

I have early calipers x2 sets awaiting refurb, and 2x sets of sliders, later type. 

Can check tomorrow if needed? 

If you are refurbing them, they tidy up with a good file. Look like they came of something before steam engines, casting isn't exactly outta this world. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks. My calliper is past restoration.  I snapped the bleed nipple taking some of the cast with it. Already had it a local machine shop who tried unsuccessfully to repair it.

PaulManta reckons he may have a pair and is going to check if there compatible. 

The early ones you have I think are the ones I may be looking for?

Thanks 

Kenny.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Could Biggred confirm part numbers for you? 

Wonder if smaller pads are calipers from Manta A. ? 

Not sure ref. Smaller pads?

I hope I have now sourced a pair so 🤞 I will have the soon. Huge thanks to PaulManta 👍

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, paulmanta said:

Cool, they came up really well. How much did the refurb cost ?  

49 minutes ago, paulmanta said:

Cool, they came up really well. How much did the refurb cost ?

£150. Well impressed. 

Thanks to PaulManta and BiggRed I now have 2 overhauled calipers and can continue my build/project. Dry weather us approaching.

Onward and upwards 

Kenny.

£150, well impressed. Great Service 👍 

• Like 2

Good price, Biggred also supply the parts needed, and I had mentioned to them about club discount, which I did pass on the OMOC. 

Kenny did they replace the split bolts? Think the seal kit and pistons seals include the split seals too. If anyone want to rebuild without posting. 

I spent hours, cleaning up the cast surface on the last pair I rebuilt, but need to go again soon, this time needing bleed nips, and pad retaining pins needed, wonder if they supply? 

Great job, and well worth it. 👍

Edited by ®evo03