Club shop delays?

Rick-Manta

Hi there. Is the club shop merchandise experiencing any dispatch delays please?

It said to be patient due to postal strikes and such, but a month later and I've not even had an email to say my order has been posted.

Thanks, Rick.

Hi Rick,

The short answer is yes, things have been delayed for the last couple of months due to Postal strikes. We couldn't post anything outside of the UK for a couple of months either, due to the Post Office Cyber attack. This has caused quite a back log to get through now things are moving again - something like 35 orders or so were in the queue - until today when we posted a good portion of them out.

Also with so much going on with the club at the weekends, that has compounded the issue. First we had the AGM to prepare for (which involves doing the stock take and accounts and such like for the weekend or two leading up the AGM). We then had the NEC show which also takes up quite a lot of time leading up to the weekend getting stand material ready and packing all the club shop stuff up, then 4 full days at the show and back home late on Sunday night ready for work in the morning. I didn't manage to even unpack the club shop until the weekend after the show.

I spent 3 hours last night just burning new copies of the Fiche CD's, as we had run out of them at the NEC show so that also takes quite a lot of time. It is one of the reasons why I say please allow 28 days for delivery as quite often the weekends are full up with shows, especially now the season has started.

I have processed 26 orders this week already and I have got your order sorted out and packed up Rick. It is in the next batch waiting to be posted out after the Easter weekend. Sorry for the wait.

If you need anything urgently (for a car repsray etc), I also mention to let me know on the site, as I will process the order as a one off, rather than in batches as I tend to do when I have spare time at the weekends.

I realise that it seems like a lot of excuses but this year has been horrendous as the shop has been really busy and the Post Office has been worse than useless.

Cheers,

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick response and for taking the time to explain all that. I knew the club had a few events and meetings on, but didn't realise the Post Office had gotten even further into disarray on top of the strikes. I wasn't in any rush for my order (decals) but I always get that back-of-the-mind concern about being forgotten or lost, so thought to ask.

I'm happy to be patient and will look forward to them arriving whenever the process allows.

Thanks again, Rick.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 00:47, Jessopia74 said:

Also it’s worth pointing out the task is pretty much got to fit in with the guys free time.

Thanks for the nice comments, and I’m afraid it’s true. This weekend I really need to pull my finger out and get the Gold Hatch back on the road, so chances are, I will need to prioritise that over most other things. At least once that’s MOTD again, I will have a car to load the club shop into! First time I’ve done that in a hatch for a long time!

• 4 weeks later...

Say, if there's a significant or overwhelming backlog of orders to go out, perhaps I can volunteer to pick up and post out a batch while I'm between jobs on or on a lunch break? There's a Co-op post office near a place I work a couple of times a week.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 15:44, Rick-Manta said:

Say, if there's a significant or overwhelming backlog of orders to go out, perhaps I can volunteer to pick up and post out a batch while I'm between jobs on or on a lunch break? There's a Co-op post office near a place I work a couple of times a week.

Hi RIck - there are a few orders in the queue to go out but they are the larger bulky items, rather than decals, badges and pictures etc. Most of them are packed up ready to go out, so do literally just need posting and customs paperwork completing for those that are going outside of the UK.
Are you coming up to the event at the weekend at Gaydon? If so, I could bring your Rad tray along and you could also help out with a box of orders to take to the post office.....if not, they will go in the post early next week as soon as I get an hour or so break from work.

My order is just a decal set mate, not rad tray. I'm not at Gaydon this weekend unfortunately, I'm with my daughter, as could have popped up. What part of Northamptonshire are you in? I'm looking to visit Brackley before long, so could swing by then.

On 11/05/2023 at 22:16, Rick-Manta said:

My order is just a decal set mate, not rad tray. I'm not at Gaydon this weekend unfortunately, I'm with my daughter, as could have popped up. What part of Northamptonshire are you in? I'm looking to visit Brackley before long, so could swing by then.

Your more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa if you are passing Rick, I’m just near  Daventry so about 30 mins from Brackley.if your order is just decals, I should be able to get Mrs B to drop them off at the post office next week, so let me know when you are about. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Your more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa if you are passing Rick, I’m just near  Daventry so about 30 mins from Brackley.if your order is just decals, I should be able to get Mrs B to drop them off at the post office next week, so let me know when you are about. 

Oh great, Daventry isn't that far from me. I'm going to be in Bicester Monday late morning til about lunch, I'll have a pair of seats in my boot (fiesta) but would still be able to pick up a bundle or two of parcels and get them to a post office on Tuesday. I could get them from a hiding place perhaps if you're out at work in the day? Either way no problem, just thought to volunteer since I didn't realise you were still doing club merch as well as president and chairman roles too.

• Thanks 1