READY for the Summer. My B1 Project update

Kenny G

Hi all,

My car has had its "Winter Make Over" Passed Mot and can be used as a daily if required. Another one saved for hopefully years to come. I have taken pictures along the way for reference later on. I have listed below what myself along with some sibling assistance have managed to get done over the last 12 months in my garage at the house. Still need to get the wheel alignment done properly as the steering could be better. 

1. Converted from Auto to 4 Speed Manual.

2. Cut out and replaced O/S swan neck.

3. Replaced O/S chassis rail (most of)

4. Removed and stripped all suspension components, Wish Bones / Pan rods / arb's / stub axles etc. were powder coated.

5. Full front and rear Polly Bush kit , rear arb link bushes replaced with new standard bushes as Polly Bush not available for these.

6. All front axle Balljoints, Wheel Bearings and Track Rod Ends replaced on rebuild.

7. EBC front Discs and Pads.

8. Re-furbished front axle Brake Calliper's (BIG RED)

9. Full SPAX 30mm Lower kit with Adjustable Shockers.

10. Renewed all front axle metal and flexi Brake Pipes.

11. Stripped cleaned rear brakes freeing off adjusters.

12. Steering shaft UJ replaced

13. Changed from Points to Electronic replacement. 

14. Welds sealed and underside painted underside with Body Shoots

15. Replaced rear axle oil / Gearbox oil, Serviced Engine with correct Oils from Castrol.

16. Replaced Gasket and painted Rocker Cover 

16. New head unit and speakers (Bluetooth for Phone)

There will be a lot more done that I have not listed. Its been fun. Already thinking about next years challenge?? Exhaust?

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

This would not have been possible without the OMOC and its members as the advice alone in priceless never mind some of the parts. Big thank you to Cam.in.head , PaulManta and various  others for helping with parts and advice as I have went. 

Regards

Kenny

• Like 9

Ok, so pass on the help😉🤣 it would help us all if you list suppliers you got your parts from, photos of work completed, all your work listed above would be of interest, alot of people asking about springs recently, also bushes, joints, electric points, calipers and stereo, we all like seeing work completed, or what's on the cards, you never know, we might even be able to help with future exhaust plans. 

Great looking car, have fun ! 

Wee pics of work completed and part supplier would be of great benefit to all. It's a great starting point when planning work, and where to source tried and tested bits 👍 

Q, what do you think of the 4sp, and would it benefit from a CWP change? 

Edited by ®evo03