Opel 16S Rear Axle For Sale

SHarper

Hello All, I'm clearing out a lot of my parts collection I have accumulated over time. I've recently converted my 16S Cavalier and Running Gear to that of a 20E and Respective Running Gear.
To that end I'll be breaking down Parts I have available to aid in locating what you want.

This 16S Rear Axle was Fitted to my 1977 Vauxhall Cavalier. The Rear Axle in itself is a-bit vague to me, i’m unsure on Ratio’s but can tell you it was mated to the 4 Speed Opel Gearbox found in Early B Series Manta’s and Standard Equipment to the Cavalier / Manta A and Ascona A and B. 
Structurally and Mechanically the Axle has provided me with No Problems I.E Unwanted Noises Etc.

I Have Never Drained the Axle and Replaced the Gasket Since Ownership but have Topped Up the Axle with the Respective Diff Oil. 

The Axle Does Come With All Ancillaries to Fit Direct to the Car I.e Panhard Rod / Front Arms / Etc. There is HOWEVER A DEFECT in the Axle, The Brake Flexible “Hook” has Snapped, Whether this can be Ali Welded into Place? If it is Aluminium…The Axle is also Missing one Anti Roll Bar Bracket (All to be reflected in Price) and the Respective Brake Lines.

I Do have the Brake Drum's Ready to go With the Axle as well as a Brand New Rear Shoes and Brake Cylinder Kit i Never Fitted, The Originals have been exposed to Open Air Environments so i can’t Guarantee they Operate as they Should. 

Price - The Price i’m Quite Flexible With as i don’t want to Under-Sell myself but at the same time i want to consider the Faults i’ve Highlighted. I’m happy with £220? I am Open to Offers. THIS PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE NEW BRAKE SHOES AND CYLINDERS, if they are Required by the Buyer i’m happy to Sell the Axle with Brake Shoes and Cylinders for £250 All In. 
If the Buyer Requires i can Strip the Axle for Respective Parts you May Require. I Won’t Take Responsibility for Torque Tube Disassembly (I’ve Never Done this) i’d prefer that to go complete with the Axle. 

Location - Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19  I am Unsure how to work Postage with an Item of a Certain Size so would Prefer Collection.
Payment - Cash or Bank Transfer, Not Fussed 

Many Thanks,
Sam

IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.28352edf92dda65447c69156c1f5f61c.jpegIMG_9175.thumb.jpeg.acb418f746d9e83e871a96f7d0dac399.jpegIMG_9172.thumb.jpeg.35933d084c8a7cebec5fc2f3f4bf5ab5.jpegIMG_9257.thumb.jpeg.16b7567dff0cff6a565efe7284f72dea.jpeg

• 1 month later...