White Manta on Facebook

16 hours ago, chrisb said:

I see that my old car is reserved again, so looks to me like the very best examples are now achieving the money they deserve. Been in the shadow of fast fords for too long now. A classic car dealer i know has said the ford market has started to stagnate a little currently, not dropping but not rising like we have seen, but the GM market is still showing an increase on cars like the Manta, Kadett coupe, Astra GTE and Cavalier SRi etc.

The Ford market seems hot on original stuff, for instance my mate had a mint Cosworth powered Capri with fresh black paint and struggled to get 10k for it, an unmolested 2.8 will go for 20 -30k or more depending on the state of it, looks like the Mantas have caught up somewhat, certainly for the top condition ones. And each to their own but I always preferred the way a Manta handles and drives than the Capri, my original SR is still my best ever car in my Manta tinted glasses.

Edited by TheRealExile
  • Like 1

Positivity, 👍

16 hours ago, chrisb said:

I see that my old car is reserved again, so looks to me like the very best examples are now achieving the money they deserve. Been in the shadow of fast fords for too long now. A classic car dealer i know has said the ford market has started to stagnate a little currently, not dropping but not rising like we have seen, but the GM market is still showing an increase on cars like the Manta, Kadett coupe, Astra GTE and Cavalier SRi etc.

35 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

for instance my mate had a mint Cosworth powered Capri with fresh black paint and struggled to get 10k for it, an unmolested 2.8 will go for 20 -30k or more depending on the state of it, looks like the Mantas have caught up somewhat, certainly for the top condition ones. And each to their own but I always preferred the way a Manta handles and drives than the Capri, my original SR is still my best ever car in my Manta tinted glasses.

That age old question, is original valued higher than restored/modified. 

That's why I through that example out there, would a modern spec, more powerful, better engineered, better equipped manta be higher valued than a original spec 400. Or is original king 👑

Or back to white GTE coupe, has to be one of the best currently as it won'

best in show.' trying doing it for less 😎

• Like 1