Parts to put an Exclusive GTE back on the Isle of Man roads.

manxmanta

Hello, 

I’m hoping with all the contacts within the omoc, I can get hold of some parts I need to get my Manta back on the road. I’m getting the body sorted before getting a full respray in October. I require 2 X sills, n/s front wing, n/s rear wheel arch, fuel pump, drop links and probably bushes.

I know this is a big list and would greatly appreciate any help in locating and buying these parts. 

I’m going to keep the car looking original as possible and show it in local car show here on the Isle of Man.

Thank you,

Barry (Manxmanta)

• Like 1

Hi Barry,

Tjmotorsport will be a good place to start, they can get some repair panels and do usually stock bushes etc.

Fuel pump i would of thought Ebay

Good Luck

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea. I’ve seen new ones for sale, I’ll order them. I really appreciate any ideas and contacts. 

Thank you 👍🏻

IMG_0823.png

a6c3dd89-62ad-48cc-afcc-fbcb8da9629a.jpeg

IMG_0821.png

• Like 5

Might save you postage a TJM do them.

Looks a very nice car, hopefully it does not need alot, plenty of advise on here for parts, how to, if you get stuck. 

There are alot more panels available if needed. A posts, repair panels etc. 

But here is the Best place for advice👍

Trying to get over for the Manx GP, hard island to get back off.

Edited by ®evo03

Thank you, I’ll definitely have a look. Really appreciate getting this information 👍🏻

You're not wrong about getting on and off this island 😬 it’s expensive too. Not long till the Manx GP. I live on the course about a couple of hundred meters from the grandstand start/finish line. Hopefully you can get over 🤞🏼

• Like 1

It's about £20 more to take a car, over bike😞 But main problem is getting return ferry, have to wait 4 days after, staying for 10 days. Union mills campsite, it's a long 2 weeks 😞

Is your Manta 87 or 88.

87 where built by Irmscher, had different piping on seats, slightly orange in colour, domed headlights cibies, and different tyre manufacture. Also different manufacture of wheels. 

88 had flat lense headlights, red seat piping, and body colours where limited. 

Think there was an other IOM owner on here a while back? 

Edited by ®evo03

It’s way overpriced, unreliable too because of the unpredictable weather. We do homestay for TT, but haven’t taken anyone for the Manx as we’re going away. Totally understand your frustration, camping is only fun for a short time weather dependent. 

It’s an 88. Hoping to get it on the road for next summer. From that point I’ll spend time getting the car looking nice and tidy inside and out. Don’t intend to sell this one, so cost of getting the work done doesn’t matter. When the weather’s good the Manta will be out.👍🏻

• Like 1

On 09/07/2024 at 16:21, manxmanta said:

I know this is a big list and would greatly appreciate any help in locating and buying these parts.

Not so big your list, I needed almost a new Manta to repair our GSI 😁. It's an '87 and known for their crusty quality:

NteZdGg.jpg

Succes with the restoration 👍

• Like 1

😬 see what you mean…. Think keeping these cars going is well worth the work and cost. The look on people’s faces and comments when they see them is fantastic!! 
Hope your car comes together and back on the road soon. Post more photos, it’d be good seeing it come together 👍🏻

• Like 4