Saved from scrap

Some of you may remember the post a while ago about a crashed Manta which would be scrapped if it wasnt moved. Moon Monkey sorted me getting the car as the NE rep last october. 1 owner 49K FSH and near mint GTE Coupe. One of the members lost the back end, spun it, and flattened a lampost with the drivers rear quarter.

The impact pushed the axle across 2 inches and the outer skin or the car was squashing the rear seat. The window was broken and everything from the C pillar downwards was bent in badly. The front was no better, sometime in the accident the front hit something and folded the chassis leg up at the front pushing the entire nose across 2 inches and upwards, bending the bonnet and destroying the drivers wing. The headlight hold was half the height it should have been and the inner wing behind badly mashed.

There are some photos somewhere of the car as it was before I started repairing it but we don't know where they are.

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0103.jpg

DSCI0357.jpg

I'll add current photos after Billing for those who dont make it.

Previous info here http://www.mantaclub.org/forum/topic.asp?T...erms=sunderland

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe, 2.0 SRI Project

1984 Silver GT/E Coupe, Road Rally Car

Cheers for the coments, yes Mr MM it certainly was which is why I had to get it to stop it being scrapped.

It will be at Billing all repaired and done, not a bodyshop finish but pretty good all the same...

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Did it need any jig work ? I would have thought so, given the movement the suspension experienced ?

post Roanoke

OMOC 5885

manta_avatar_small.jpg

loose lips sink ships

Had to pull it about a bit, especially the front, still out a bit but it wasnt going to go 100% without major work, it was trying to bend upwards..[:(]

Been a busy weekend, gone from this....

DSCI0397.jpg

...to this....

DSCI0398.jpg

...to this...

DSCI0405.jpg

With a bit off this thrown in...

DSCI0399.jpg

DSCI0400.jpg

DSCI0401.jpg

Getting there, T minus 4 days and counting...[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Funny old thing, thats what I used, anchored it to one truck, used the winch off another to pull it back into line...[:D]

Just been up and finished all the paintwork tonight, just need to laquer it tomorrow night as its getting close to friday when I'm heading to a small meeting of cars near some water..[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Thats why I sprayed a coat of Barcoat barrier first. Paint is ok, its the filler and welding that is a bit iffy but its ok..

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif

Well I did it, finished it all but a cut and polish, not too happy with the finish, you can see the filler and welds but it will do, its a rally car after all, probably end up through a hedge or dry stone wall somewhere eventually..[:o)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

lego-rally.gif