PAT PATS 3RD CAR AND 2ND PROJECT

d818anr

Mum got a call earlier this week saying 'Ive got a manta do you want it or I'll weight it in'

So Mum asked a few questions and the car has tax until the end of March and a ticket until August so what more could Mum say but yes ok.It's got 103k on it and its all original with all old mots and also a record from network q mileage check from 02 and also a receipt for welding the chassis and floor pans in[8D] and a rather nice set of Smiths alloys and good tyres Dads just had the engine running and its got no rattles so thats another good thing.

Its got a few issues like exhaust gaskets both downpipe and manifold blow and also an oil leak from the rockerbox and needs a rear exhaust box but other than that its all fine apart from covered in dog'dodo' and other nice items.

The idea is to get all its problems sorted then cleaned and then sell it on as Dads a bit huffy about the room all my cars are taking up[xx(].

Anyway here are a few pixs as it stands now.

Patscar082.jpg

Patscar081.jpg

Patscar083.jpg

Tomorrow the sponges and buckets and the dyson will be out[:)].

Patrick

uncle andy needs a runaround![;)][;)]

I'm on nights all this week and lates the week after. what shifts is daddy working Pat as I might try and pop up one morning when I'm on lates. May even be off one day, just not sure yet. Will have to try and get that welding bottle up to you to start work on the coupe!

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

quote:Originally posted by Sutty2006

looks ok, i take it this was the 125 pound cheep one that sold quickly.

id="quote">id="quote">

Not so sure it is actually. I was under the impression Pollitt bought that one[?]

How much would you be looking for to get rid of this?

OMOC Member 6144

1982 1800 Manta Berlinetta Coupe

That was quick prov sold to uncle Andy. Dads signed off work again so he's home for the next four weeks apart from taking me to school etc. he's started doing the welding on the coupe for me already. Mum and grandad undid the crossmember for dad today so that he can do the chassis legs. Im sure he will post pics up next week and I will get Mum or Dad to get some pics up of the hatch tomorrow when its cleaned.[:D]

I dont know how much Mum paid but as it was a non runner and the guy needed it gone quickly ;)][;)].

This one was just lucky, a simple no welding just a bit of tidying one that I can hopefully get a bit of extra money together to spend on the coupe. Had no plans to get another one so quick but this came along and had to be saved from the scrapper as even if it was a unsavable had loads of good usable spares.

So today we managed to get all the dog dodo off the car from inside and out unfortunatly the reford angliaat was the worst affected and is U/S..

We went over the car with G3 then t-cut then finaly a polish which I must say has brought the car up a treat.

So now weve done that we can now see all the bad areas of the car which are........well nothing to bad realy just some scabs around all the arches front and rear but it dosnt need any replacement parts just a rub down and repaint.The roof has just started to go and then just general dinks and scraps/scabs around the car oh and a very badly cracked front bumper but Dads just got a new plastic welding kit[;)],dads not been underneath yet but it looks good at mo to good for scrapping anyway with just one hole behind the n/s rear wheel arch easy repair thou the section is still avalible and Dad has it anyway.So unkie Andy take it to where Dads just had his done and it will be mint[;)].

The other great thing is Mum found £2.01 when she was hovering so my piggys getting full again but after Mum spending around 1hour trying to hover we/she had to give up and Dad will get the carpet out tomorrow and jetwash it.....[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Anyway here are a few pics of the hardwork the oldgits did while I played with my new bike and some mud I found[:D]

Patscar084.jpg

Patscar091.jpg

Patscar096.jpg

You can just see the hole on this pix along the bottom of the 1/4 panel.

Dad also got it running as well as possible at the moment but until the gaskets are replaced we cant tell if its got an idling problem as its a bit eratic at the moment the gaskets wont come until Tuesday[:(!].

Sean. Might be round monday if thats ok, likely to be by train though so wont be able to bring the bottle! I'll let you know for definite over the weekend. Andy

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

Hi Andy no probs M8 I have a docs appt at 9.50 but im about after that. just drop a text over the weekend. Car looks really good now its had a good clean its not a million miles off me red one TBH and is better than when I first got it as it needs no real welding just rubbing/filling/painting.If you arrive early and im not in the keys are in it and the garage will be open as I never remember to locking it anymore I keep forgetting alsorts[:I] dam tablets

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like pats project will be mine come tuesday! Going to be my daily runner but will tidy it up where required. she's not going to be a show car, the coupe is going to fill those duties, but this will make a handy work horse for me! Cheers Pat! Uncle Andy will look after it!

Well after Dad getting it running and doing quite a few jobs on the car today after a few tears I said goodbye to my white hatch,so I guess its the end of this project for me but Im guessing Andy will start a new one as he has a few plans for the oldgirl.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

And there you go at least one more has been saved from the scrapyard.

BYE BYE

Well yes his account has a few more sponds in now

Not thats we made a profit on the car prob more a loss with time and parts to get it running right but its not about ripping off long term m8's he got it at more or just less than cost.But Andy has helped me out many a time so all fair and square,well until he helps me again then once more I will owe him..but isnt that what this club and being part of its about. :thumbup

yep cheers for the car Pat, thanks for getting it running Sean! Drove home alright considering its been sitting a while. Needs a bit of tlc but we knew that. Sean has sorted me out a lot of the bits to do it as well! Its never gonna be a show car but it will make a fun every day run around. Certainly more interesting than the family Mondeo, although I'd take the Mondeos brakes over the Mantas at the moment! Forgot what it was like to rely on the gearbox to slow me down a lot! They just need a good going over and new fluid and pads hopefully but hey it got me home in one piece so I cant complain!

... and as Sean has said I did get a good deal, and as he knows I will hopefully pay some of that back working on his cars. There's an exclusive needing some welding, the 16v needing a new engine management loom making up and anything else Sean wants done. Mind you I'm sure my 16v will end up in Seans garage for the rebuild and plenty of jobs on this hatch being done together so its a never ending story of favours! As Sean says, thats what we think the club is all about, and how we have been for over 10 years now. Cheers Sean, cheers Tracy, cheers Pat :thumbup

Its never gonna be a show car

Yep, just tidy it up a bit,clean the engine bay, paint the cam cover, find some mint seats, etc etc before you know it you'll have it on the great plains of Billing Sunday morning up to your elbows in Autoglym....

WEDGE, THIN END OF, BEGIN.....