Hi From Cornwall

Hi All,

:thumbup Just wanted to introduce myself really, my name is Nigel and I live in Camborne in Cornwall. I have just acquired a Manta GT/E Hatch (collecting it on the 30th), can't wait to get it home and get started on sorting a couple of things out on the car. Used to own a Manta A and an Opel GT in Germany many many years ago (wish I still had them now!!) always been a Vauxhall/Opel man (with a few other makes in between now and then).

Any members live down my way? :thumbup

Hi Nigel and welcome. Yes there are a few of us down here. Hoping to arrange a few gatherings this summer so will be in touch. Had a white GTE hatch myself back in the 90's so would love to see it!

Thanks for the welcome guys, like I said really looking forward to getting stuck in to getting the Manta fully sorted as there are one or two problems to deal with but nothing major (hopefully!! :o ). I am collecting it on a trailer on the 30th although it is currently T&T'd, got some running issues, then hopefully back on the road.

James give me a shout anytime about meets etc and if I can help anyone in anyway then feel free to ask. I'll certainly be asking for help/advice if I need it :lol:

Welcome, Nigel. I'm not from Cornwall - from the opposite end of the country actually - but my 1987 GTE Coupe was supplied new by Maynes of Redruth and spent almost its entire life (1987 to 2007) with the same owner in Camborne.

Welcome, Nigel. I'm not from Cornwall - from the opposite end of the country actually - but my 1987 GTE Coupe was supplied new by Maynes of Redruth and spent almost its entire life (1987 to 2007) with the same owner in Camborne.

Hi mate - yeah Maynes is my local dealer down here, I've probably seen your Manta before then. Did you buy it off ebay or from this site? Seem whenever I buy a car it's always from hundreds of miles away :lol:

Aye welcome fae oor neck owe thi wids Nigel.

Rab.

Cheers Rab, been looking round the site and the Mantas seem to have a Scottish stronghold. Looks like you guys have a good Manta community going up there. Good to see.

Hi Nigel.

Yup going noo for ower twenty plus years, Opel Team Scotland "ScottishClanManta" gid bunch owe folks up here although we are all rather spread oot awe tad, fae thi Borders up and intae the islands.

But all within the O.M.O.C do thur bit to help awebuddy oot if possible, yur niver far fae gid honest help, and any tecki knowledge required the clubs awe mine field so tae speak. Oniways enjoy yur Manta.

cheers rab.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nige, I'm Simon and.....

I'm in Cornwall!!!

Only been a member for a while. Been into Manta's Chevettes and Kadetts since I was a teen, and recently fancied another one. Picked a white C plate GTE coupe up off ebay, travelled half way up the country to get it- much like you could not find one down here!!! I'm trying to do a C30Se conversion on it, but young baby makes time an issue!

Kinda glad that I'm not all alone in the county, nice to meet you!

Hi Nige, I'm Simon and.....

I'm in Cornwall!!!

Only been a member for a while. Been into Manta's Chevettes and Kadetts since I was a teen, and recently fancied another one. Picked a white C plate GTE coupe up off ebay, travelled half way up the country to get it- much like you could not find one down here!!! I'm trying to do a C30Se conversion on it, but young baby makes time an issue!

Kinda glad that I'm not all alone in the county, nice to meet you!

Hi Simon,

Nice to hear that I've got a neighbour! Where in Cornwall are you? I'm doing a redtop conversion on my GT/E - just went up to Kent yesterday to buy a 1.8 GT/J for the parts I need to do the conversion (long old day - about 700 miles round trip!). Maybe we can get together if you're not too far away? I'm in Camborne. PM me some details mate.

Hi Nige. I cant decide wether to use an XE or the 3L. I'm so stuck!!! Got everything to do bother/either except springs and brakes!! I'm in St Austell. Is your GTE a hatch or a coupe? Is that it as your picture thing? No where is far away in this wonderful county!! Make sure you don't throw anything away from that donor of yours!! Shame I didn't know you before! May have been able to save you the drive!! I'm so gutted, I've thrown so much away over the years, that I just wish I could turn back time!!

Neway, enough babbling- speak properly soon!