Not Another Newbie?!

vx1964

thumbsup.gif
Hello all.My name is Mike and i currently live in the tropical paradise known as Portsmouth(!!)I am rejoining the Manta family after a break of around fifteen years(i know,what took you so long?!!).I recently bought a gold 1984 Berlinetta 1.8 auto hatch.The car was advertised on e-bay a couple of months ago stating that it had an 'interesting history'.Some of you may have seen it.It failed to sell and was then offered for sale elsewhere.After viewing the car and checking the history via DVLA,VOSA,HPI etc etc i am now in possession of a crisp new V5!The car is totally standard and in remarkably good nick for a 25 year old motor with only a small amount of welding to the floorpan.The previous owner gave me a disk full of photos of the underside of the car and i hope to put these on the OC website soon.I hope they will be of some interest to other club members.

I will add some more info about myself and the car soon but i just wanted to introduce myself to start.

Really looking forward to being part of the club scene and meeting like minded enthusiasts.

Many thanks and regards
thumbsup.gif

Hi

Welcome to the club.

I nearly bought your car a few months ago off e/bay :)

I assume it's the one with the vin plate missing because a previous owner had tried to do an insurance scam.:unsure:

If she who must be obeyed hadn't threatened divorce i may have ended up with your Manta as well as my Cavalier sportshatch.:(

I talked to the guy who was selling it & if i remember he wanted about £800 for it. It looked from the pics on E/bay to be a realy nice car.

Hopefully will see you at Billing in 2010 with the car:thumbup

Hi

Welcome to the club.

I nearly bought your car a few months ago off e/bay smile.gif

I assume it's the one with the vin plate missing because a previous owner had tried to do an insurance scam.unsure.gif

If she who must be obeyed hadn't threatened divorce i may have ended up with your Manta as well as my Cavalier sportshatch.sad.gif

I talked to the guy who was selling it & if i remember he wanted about £800 for it. It looked from the pics on E/bay to be a realy nice car.

Hopefully will see you at Billing in 2010 with the car:thumbup

Hello and thanks for your welcome.Yes you're right,it is the car advertised on e-bay.A previous owner had tried to de-fraud his insurance company by removing the VIN and registration plates,selling the car for spares and then reporting the car as stolen!Being an elderly gentleman (or stupid!) he had failed to notice that every piece of glass and all the lights had the been security etched!! laugh.gifHe got away with a police caution.Everything now is legal and above board and i am in possession of a crisp new V5.Have yet to get the VIN plate sorted.My local friendly GM dealer quoted me £100 and about a years wait!!!

The car is very good for the year with only a small amount of welding to the floor at the moment.Some wear to the drivers seat(hav'nt most of them?).Apart from that its good.

I paid £900 with a new MOT which i've been told is pretty cheap for such a nice Manta.

Kind regards and Billing sounds good. thumbsup.gif