Anyone Running Chevy

bob mm

anyone running asmallblock 350 chevy bob from rayleigh essex newbee

Hi, I'm not far from Rayleigh and was it you I spoke to at the Battlesbridge show on Sun 27th? As recommended on here Simon P at Suffolk County Manta's is a genius, and has some great V8 projects going on, I notice he has already responded anyway, link to his website is as follows:-

http://www.suffolkcountymantas.co.uk/Contact.html

I've done one or two, have a look here

http://www.suffolkco...an-cox-v8-hatch

I need advice on brakes, I have a Dodge Charger rear axle shortend by 6 inches and mounted in manta lower link arms, with third mid link mounted to diff ext mount, drum brakes and 10x15 REAR WHEELS, fronts are 5 1/2x14. Fronts hubs are vx490, 5 stud, 2pot calipers complete with vx top and bottom swivels. The car fishtails when braking in wet conditions needs more front brakes. Small block chevy, bored plus 30, build spec 450hp, 292 cam etc etc, 750 holley etc etc. Runs 12s at 5000rpm, 250noz never used, alass all the right bits, big buttttttttttt 2bolt mains. Does not like stopping, who knows next year maybe trailered to the meets. Give it more lead foot, noz, slicks, open headers, maybe 11 or 10s. Needs a rollcage now [ANYONE] for sale or plans and measurements.

Thanks Bob

bob mm

I need advice on brakes, I have a Dodge Charger rear axle shortend by 6 inches and mounted in manta lower link arms, with third mid link mounted to diff ext mount, drum brakes and 10x15 REAR WHEELS, fronts are 5 1/2x14. Fronts hubs are vx490, 5 stud, 2pot calipers complete with vx top and bottom swivels. The car fishtails when braking in wet conditions needs more front brakes. Small block chevy, bored plus 30, build spec 450hp, 292 cam etc etc, 750 holley etc etc. Runs 12s at 5000rpm, 250noz never used, alass all the right bits, big buttttttttttt 2bolt mains. Does not like stopping, who knows next year maybe trailered to the meets. Give it more lead foot, noz, slicks, open headers, maybe 11 or 10s. Needs a rollcage now [ANYONE] for sale or plans and measurements.

Thanks Bob

bob mm

Are you running a servo, brake bias etc. what size front discs do you have? are the rear brakes the stock Charger ones?

There are various reasons for your problem aswell as various was to put it right. Adrians brakes work very well indeed with the set up we fitted, very powerful but progressive too.

Are you running a servo, brake bias etc. what size front discs do you have? are the rear brakes the stock Charger ones?

There are various reasons for your problem aswell as various was to put it right. Adrians brakes work very well indeed with the set up we fitted, very powerful but progressive too.

rear drums stock charger 11 inch I THINK VX490 DICS 10 1/2 OR 270MM MIDDLE OF FITTING LARGER SERVO WITH DUEL CIRCUIT MARSTER NOT SURE IT WELL WORK WAS RUNNING STANDARD MANTA SERVO LARGER CAM LOW VAC FITTING VAC BOOST BOTTLE MAYBE WE WELL HAVE BRAKES NEXT TIME OUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA.

THANK BOB

rear drums stock charger 11 inch I THINK VX490 DICS 10 1/2 OR 270MM MIDDLE OF FITTING LARGER SERVO WITH DUEL CIRCUIT MARSTER NOT SURE IT WELL WORK WAS RUNNING STANDARD MANTA SERVO LARGER CAM LOW VAC FITTING VAC BOOST BOTTLE MAYBE WE WELL HAVE BRAKES NEXT TIME OUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA.

THANK BOB

Those are large rear drums, a larger servo is a good idea, i would also think about an adjustable proportioning valve in the rear circuit, somthing like this http://www.wilwood.com/Start/Products/006-MasterCylinders/001-PV/index.asp

can anyone tell me were essex owners club meet nowdays

thanks bob

Bob, there used to be a bi-monthly meet at the Spread Eagle in Margaretting, but as it burnt down recently, a new venue is still being sought. Best to PM Val Entwhistle (Monaca Manta) who is our area rep and see if she has anything planned for November when next meet is due.

It was you we chatted to at the Battlebridge Motorbilia show wasn't it? That was myself, Paul and Val who were there.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Bob

bob mm

:o Can I have a go in it please?!