Brands Hatch To Nurburgring 2010

vauxsenb

As above this year the dates just announced are the 1st September to the 8th September, for entry please follow this link; http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/topic/9638-brands-hatch-to-nurburgring-retro-run-2010/

I hope to see some other Manta's and Cavvy's there this year, I had a hoot last year in the Sportshatch, on and off track, the atmosphere was excellent and the 'camraderie' was beyond reproach with everyone mucking in to repair damaged cars and help with mechanical problems during the week.

As above this year the dates just announced are the 1st September to the 8th September, for entry please follow this link; http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/topic/9638-brands-hatch-to-nurburgring-retro-run-2010/

I hope to see some other Manta's and Cavvy's there this year, I had a hoot last year in the Sportshatch, on and off track, the atmosphere was excellent and the 'camraderie' was beyond reproach with everyone mucking in to repair damaged cars and help with mechanical problems during the week.

Colin,

Having seen some of your photos of last years shinanagins(!)this is one tour I'd like to go on.....wish I had more holidays :(

John.

Hi Colin.

Cost re ither forum details:

£150 for Ferry+ return+camping for 6 days per person.x2 = £300

Fuel gangin bi i200 Billing £120 awe roond trip so wull be more for this jaunt = £120+

Food/Drink approx £100 = £100

+ Time oot on track? `ring` und parade laps so £££`s aboot £600 quid awe in? wid that cover it?

cheers rab.

Hi Colin.

Cost re ither forum details:

£150 for Ferry+ return+camping for 6 days per person.x2 = £300

Fuel gangin bi i200 Billing £120 awe roond trip so wull be more for this jaunt = £120+

Food/Drink approx £100 = £100

+ Time oot on track? `ring` und parade laps so £££`s aboot £600 quid awe in? wid that cover it?

cheers rab.

Hi Rab,

If memory serves last year it cost me;

£290 = return trip ferry inc o/night cabin, Newcastle-Holland

£110 = camping/ 1/2 hr track time/t-shirt+plaques/car stickers

£300 = in euro's spending money for fuel and food etc

Camping includes free unmetered electric hook-ups and free toilet/shower facilities. The ferry again will reduce slghtly in price if there are a number of us travelling and sharing cabins,(ie 2cars + 2drivers sharing 1cabin saved £50) I had a double cabin to myself,(2+4 berth avail)that said I think their prices have raised to £320 this year for the same trip but I havn't checked it out yet (DFDS).

Other than that 'ring' laps thereafter cost 22euro each or buy multiples on a ring card for discount(group buy?) As for the spending money, I came back with some left over and the fuel was about £1.22 ltr for V-power not much worse than here,the Cav managed 27mpg overall and that incl thrashing it on and off track with a steady run down and back on the autobahn. Food was also bought at local Aldi's for mass cooking sessions at the campsite (much cheapness,lol) if you are used to camping this will come as no hardship at all, equally though, there are restaurants, pizzieras, kebab shops, pubs and Inns all in Addenau which is less than 10 mins away with cheap booze cash and carry's there as well. I hope this gives you some idea, certainly not the most expensive holiday I've had and I split the casmping/organisation price in two by paying a £60 deposit at the beginning and paid the balance before we set off, ferry was put on the plastic well in advance so all in all an amazingly cheap trip for what you get.

I cant speak highly enough of the whole experience, despite me being woefully underprepared (never having camped before) it still could not have put me off had I slept in the car every night !!!!

Cheers, Colin.

P.S. this is how I costed out the trip options last year;

looking at the options/fuel costs/miles driven/ferry fees for getting to the "Ring" based on a round trip from home(Borders EH43);

Newcastle/Ijmuiden return is 635mls costing about £420,

Hull/Rotterdam return is 880mls costing about £465, and finally

Dover/Dunkerque return is 1475mls costing about £395

So far it looks like Newcastle is the fav, with far less miles so easier on the motor as all costs are similar.

Last years story told here;

http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/topic/8911-brands-hatch-to-nurburgring-retro-run-2009/page__hl__BH2N__st__240

and here;

http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/topic/8911-brands-hatch-to-nurburgring-retro-run-2009/page__hl__BH2N__st__240

I dont know whats on while we are there this year, but last year the World Super Bikes were on at the GP track 5mins walk from the campsite, absolute bonus :D:D:D:thumbup

Edited by vauxsenb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Entry form now available, see this link;

http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=7046

From the Retro Car Club site;

If anyone has any special requests in terms of payments, or exceptions (ie; Vauxsenb not going on our ferry), please contact either myself or Delmastiff and we will be happy to talk you through the options.

We have had a couple more applications over night. But we still have plenty of spaces (around 40 left).

I do need deposit monies cleared in the account by the end of March to be able to book the ferry at the current fare, so if you're thinking of coming, now's the time to sign up.

If you do miss that deadline, we're not saying that you can't come, just that the ferry may be slightly more expensive. I can't quantify how much more expensive (if at all), but I'm just letting you know what the ferry company have told me.

Now two members from here have paid their deposits, any more interest ??? its rumoured that there are less available spaces this year . . .

http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/topic/9638-brands-hatch-to-nurburgring-retro-run-2010/

. . . only £60 deposit required to ensure you are included :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rab,

If memory serves last year it cost me;

£290 = return trip ferry inc o/night cabin, Newcastle-Holland

£110 = camping/ 1/2 hr track time/t-shirt+plaques/car stickers

£300 = in euro's spending money for fuel and food etc

Camping includes free unmetered electric hook-ups and free toilet/shower facilities. The ferry again will reduce slghtly in price if there are a number of us travelling and sharing cabins,(ie 2cars + 2drivers sharing 1cabin saved £50) I had a double cabin to myself,(2+4 berth avail)that said I think their prices have raised to £320 this year for the same trip but I havn't checked it out yet (DFDS).

Other than that 'ring' laps thereafter cost 22euro each or buy multiples on a ring card for discount(group buy?) As for the spending money, I came back with some left over and the fuel was about £1.22 ltr for V-power not much worse than here,the Cav managed 27mpg overall and that incl thrashing it on and off track with a steady run down and back on the autobahn. Food was also bought at local Aldi's for mass cooking sessions at the campsite (much cheapness,lol) if you are used to camping this will come as no hardship at all, equally though, there are restaurants, pizzieras, kebab shops, pubs and Inns all in Addenau which is less than 10 mins away with cheap booze cash and carry's there as well. I hope this gives you some idea, certainly not the most expensive holiday I've had and I split the casmping/organisation price in two by paying a £60 deposit at the beginning and paid the balance before we set off, ferry was put on the plastic well in advance so all in all an amazingly cheap trip for what you get.

I cant speak highly enough of the whole experience, despite me being woefully underprepared (never having camped before) it still could not have put me off had I slept in the car every night !!!!

Cheers, Colin.

P.S. this is how I costed out the trip options last year;

looking at the options/fuel costs/miles driven/ferry fees for getting to the "Ring" based on a round trip from home(Borders EH43);

Newcastle/Ijmuiden return is 635mls costing about £420,

Hull/Rotterdam return is 880mls costing about £465, and finally

Dover/Dunkerque return is 1475mls costing about £395

So far it looks like Newcastle is the fav, with far less miles so easier on the motor as all costs are similar.

Hey Colin.... your post is really informative...

Whether you're at work, out shopping, in school or enjoying a day out, you should be able to relax and trust that the quality and hygiene of any toilet facilities you use are of the highest standards.

These special features attract the one who wants to enjoy Utility Room, En Suite Shower Room Bathroom at 5star hotels..

toilet descaler

Edited by jennyvachel

Whether you're at work, out shopping, in school or enjoying a day out, you should be able to relax and trust that the quality and hygiene of any toilet facilities you use are of the highest standards.

These special features attract the one who wants to enjoy Utility Room, En Suite Shower Room Bathroom at 5star hotels..

toilet descaler

and your post is a load off sh*t :blink:

toilet descaler

WTF . . . :blink::blink::blink: