Voltage Stabalizer

Mrbus

I bought a voltage stabalizer for my manta GTE/E but cant make head nor tail of the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual. It does not tell me how to change it.

Im guessing it is behind my speedo somewhere going by the surounding instruments described in the wiring diagram. I found a 4 pin female plug not plugged into anything but as you may know the stabalizer has 3 pins

Can anyone please tell me where exactly it is as knowing me i will open a can of worms

I have a ccvs3 12v negative earth semiconductor

I bought a voltage stabalizer for my manta GTE/E but cant make head nor tail of the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual. It does not tell me how to change it.

Im guessing it is behind my speedo somewhere going by the surounding instruments described in the wiring diagram. I found a 4 pin female plug not plugged into anything but as you may know the stabalizer has 3 pins

Can anyone please tell me where exactly it is as knowing me i will open a can of worms

I have a ccvs3 12v negative earth semiconductor

this is what you are looking for, hopefully the pictures are clear enough.

Picture525.jpg

Picture524.jpg

Thanks guys. I did find it just after i put the topic up. I didnt see it as the replacement part is completely different to what came off.

My fuel gauge is now sorted out i think & my temp gauge reads 3/4 hot now.

Am i right in thinking that it should read half way? Im suee it was like that before. All was well until i had the fuel pump replaced.

Once again thanks for the help everyone

Quite often if something is changed and then a fault appears you have cause and effect. However, you may have had a reason to change the pumpin which case this is probably a coincidence.

Or to put it another way............

During heat waves ice cream sales go up. FACT.

Drownings go up. FACT

So if you looked at the facts without applying any thought it apears ice cream causes death by drowning where as in reality more people go swimming because it is hot and hence more drown. Coincidence

That said the blue wire to the temperature sender leaves the wiring loom on the offside inner wing not a million miles from where the fuel lines go through the inner wing and the PVC sleeving should be hard and brittle by now due to age and engine enviroment so, if someone had there hands around there, to say check for fuel flow, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility it is damaged or pulled off.

If you have a Haynes manual read the bit on checking the gauges, from memory 40 ohm resistor between the wire and earth (don't trust my memory) should read max if it doesn't gage, sender or voltage stabiliser are out or your car is too hot.