Manta Desperately Wanted!

SWISSTONY

Hi all ive always wanted a manta and ive decided to finally get one, im selling my vectra to finance this and should get around three grand for it.

so the budget is three thousand I live in warrington, cheshire. it would need to have tax and test as it will be my only car.

Im hoping this is feasible. any thoughts would be appreciated.

also if any one knows if there is a manta owner who wants a straight swap with a 2003 vectra diesel let me know!!

Cheers

Tony

My 1985 White Manta GT/E Coupe will probably be up for sale in the near future. I live in the Leicester area.

At present it is having the front subframe area chassis rails replaced by CRC restorations (Mantaray)with photos featured on the web in the members area. The front discs & pads are being replaced at the same time.

The car recently underwent a full pro respray & as such no rot is in evidence (even the suroof area is perfect). It has around 63,000 miles on the clock and has a very good interior.

It recently had new Roadline Billies shocks fitted and 30mm lowered AVO springs.

A stainless steel Powerflow exhaust & K&N air filter also fitted.

The car should be available within the next two weeks. It will have a full MOT & 3 months tax.

It has been appraised by a club rep as being worth £4000, it has agreed insurance of £3500.

I would be looking for £2750 to £3000 depending on cost of ongoing repairs.

If you are interested you can contact me on manta1250atgmail.com or 01455613458 for more info & photos.

Edited by Bogwart

To Clarify this for Swisstony, I will emphasise that there will not be many (if any) Manta's that have never had or are not in need of chassis rail repair, it is such a common fault area on the Manta, and furthermore the person undertaking the work is one of the best psooible to be undertaking such a task.

Further to this when I was the East Mids area Rep of the OMOC I was approached by the Vendor of Bowarts car and at the time I advised him it was worth in the region of £2500.

Since this Vehicle changed hands to Bogwart (George) I personally know that he has had a "no expense spared" approach to this vehicle.

I can honestly say that this is a damn good Manta, and anyone looking for one would be hard pressed to find better.

Have to agree 100% with "Opel2000" comment. I have seen the car at Chris's "Mantaray" and the car is a real gem.

Chris is doing the repairs on the car and the link is in this thread. Chris is a top notch long term Manta owner and also OMOC Membership Sec.

So all can be assured that Chris knowns exactly how to repair a manta in the correct manner.

John

Thanks for all the comments guys this sounds like the car for me!

hopefully should sell my car within the next couple of weeks going to try and ring bogwards sometime today and discuss further with him

Thanks again fellas

Tony

Message for Opel2000:-

Hey Clive, long time no hear !! Thanks for the input mate. Can you drop me a email (via the club if poss - or ring me). I've lost your mobile number (was on my phone but it got nicked)so cannot contact you.

Take care mate, not seen you since last year.

GB