F968 Mcf

couperman

• 4 weeks later...

The white one is rotten Steve :((( Obviously someone with talent and more time to spare would take it on. Me tho, I need to strip and recoup what I can. Unless some one want to collect it for a fair price. I want the engine and gearbox out of it which is a 2.1XE (kent cams and pulley's) with all the 1800 bits and polo heater box etc etc...:o

I have pics of it's rotten-ness :angry:

GAZ

Thought about selling it, but I like the thought of having all the spares I need on tap so to speak. Of course certain bits can go, but I did spend a fortune over the years on the car replacing this and that, it's only the shell that's gone. I have seen folk resto a worse example.... Like I said - if I did sell it it has no engine as the 2.0XE is mine to keep!

Currently though I'm storing the engine in the car as I have nowhere else to put it!! :lol:

Open to offers of course!

Oh, no no done anything yet. It's not that bad, but will need doing at some point. Have had a few changes in my life recently which have meant I just need to keep check on the pennies in the immediate future. Hail the car cover for winter!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

lucky sod gettin down to billing,some of us, me self employed in the motor trade[thats fu---d] have to sit on site like dozos just in case we get a punter?????????

cars lookin good gaz,get the decals on m8,and just a personal obo loose the rear frosted lamps?car in my opinion only, is 2 good to spoil with them on,but im an old bastard -[50]not slaggin it just my opinion m8

my cars on stop as im sucked off with it

steve

Yesterday I painted the door handles and the window wiper stems back to as new fashion. Replaced the front bumper, nosecone and bootlid decals that were 'lost' during the respray work I had done on the car. The plan is to get it lowered (and replace all bushes at the same time) and go stainless. This this will have to wait until after the rest of the bodywork is resprayed to the standard of the preBilling jobs I had done on the car. At least I know I am happy with and completely trust the bodyshop, they do great work!

Oh and steve I have put the original rear lights back on, I was never sure about the blacked out one's, I think I have switched them about 3 times in as many months mate!

Anyone know any good upholsterers in the NW? I would like to get the drivers seat bolster minted up again, it's the only part of the interior that needs attention.

I'll post some pics up later if it doesn't rain!!!

Thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I painted the door handles and the window wiper stems back to as new fashion. Replaced the front bumper, nosecone and bootlid decals that were 'lost' during the respray work I had done on the car. The plan is to get it lowered (and replace all bushes at the same time) and go stainless. This this will have to wait until after the rest of the bodywork is resprayed to the standard of the preBilling jobs I had done on the car. At least I know I am happy with and completely trust the bodyshop, they do great work!

Oh and steve I have put the original rear lights back on, I was never sure about the blacked out one's, I think I have switched them about 3 times in as many months mate!

Anyone know any good upholsterers in the NW? I would like to get the drivers seat bolster minted up again, it's the only part of the interior that needs attention.

I'll post some pics up later if it doesn't rain!!!

Thanks for looking.

Upholstery firms I am thinking of trying in NW are http://www.haydock-upholstery.co.uk/ & http://www.trimmenduz.com/ (Leigh)

Edited by robah