Help Finding Parts

charlton

Hi, new chrome wheelarch trims are as rare as rocking horse & you will struggle to find any. your best bet is to find some good secondhand ones, look for someone breaking & go get em.

EBAY is usually best bet for MK1 Cav bits.

Good luck.

Edited by plumster

Chrome for the mk1 cav and manta I have in the spares, just need to dig them out. Way to many parts for what I need now.Both A and B,C series.

tel 07708945757 or email robbie .............@ ..................... mantamagic.com

Edited by 2908642343
Removed comments not in line with club rules.

3 years ago I bought 1 of every single piece of trim for the Cav sportshatch that was available from OCP, side trims, gutter trims, window trims, arch trims the lot.

They were quite expensive but some of the items were in single figure stock so I thought I had better grab em while I could.

I might still have a list of part numbers if you want them, let me know if you do I will try & dig them out.

Sam.

hi cheers for that i yea the part numbers would come in very handy if you could find them cheers

well ive just had a good look at all my chrome on the car and the back arch trims are the worst bit really need both sides rear

but for chrome wheel trims i think it will just be a re chrome (does any one know of any really good quality t chroming ? they would recomend ?)

my bumpers nearly polish out perfect so thats not an issue just at the moment

The chrome arch trims on a Manta / MKI Cav are actually polished and "clear anodised" aluminium.

And having dealt with many anodisers over the years I would be very surprised or totally gobsmacked even, if you could find an anodiser that would own polishing equipment yet alone be willing to perform the task for you.

Best bet is to find an anodisers close to you and discuss with them the bright finish you require and set about polishing up the aluminium for yourself.

If you have found a reputable place they will offer to strip off the current surface (anodised aluminium is pretty damn tough you will struggle like hell to get through the aluminium oxide layer with rough emery) and then seal the porous surface left, ready for you to set about with progressively finer emery papers before you finally polish up with Brasso to a mirror finish, ready for the anodising process.

Edited by opel2000