Spec. Details

yorkshirelad

It is possible to look up the spec (basic) via the DVLA Website.

There should be if the car is original build spec on a card under the rear seat.

The records from the Chassis number will help, but is not 100% as things were changed at local dealers.

I had a one previous owner 4 year sold Exclusive and there was no card under the rear sheet, not found one in the 20 or so cars I've pulled them out of so chances are slim.

The trim and VIN plates should give a fair bit of info if you know how to decode them

found build spec sheets in 2 cars under passenger seat across the webbing stuff :thumbup

The car has all the signs of being a berlinetta. Wood insert trim, vinyl roof, sunroof, headlamp wash/wipe, rubbing strips, but it has rostyle wheels and standard clock dash. It was registered in 1976. Did the early ones not have ats alloys and sport dash?

The car has all the signs of being a berlinetta. Wood insert trim, vinyl roof, sunroof, headlamp wash/wipe, rubbing strips, but it has rostyle wheels and standard clock dash. It was registered in 1976. Did the early ones not have ats alloys and sport dash?

The early ones didn't have the 6 clock dash and were on steel wheels. I had an R reg one like that. You can tell if its early cause the top an botton of the dash are black, and the glove box release button is flat not raised.

I reckon you have an SR berlinetta. At one time they were separate models I think, the Berlinetta was more luxurios so didn't have the sports dash whereas the SR trim was more basic but had the extra dials.

Checked the logbook and it says Manta 1900 as model

I was making all other assumptions before having car in my posession. I am now sure it is an early Berlinetta. The Berlinetta badges are present on the front wings. Rubbing strips have been removed from car but came with it loose. It has Berlinetta interior and tinted windscreen. The things that threw me were the standard clocks and Rostyles.

I have been informed that the model on any car is designated only by who registers it, so it seems it depends how much info they put on.

Edited by yorkshirelad