Oops Water !

plumster

Hi chaps, just beem out to the garage to run the motors & oil up the chrome for hibernation when:-

Engine fired up (as always) but fan belt was schreeching, had a look & water pump & alternator not turning at all, only run for 10 seconds or so.

Switched off, turned it by hand & fired her back up, everything spinning ok, but I noticed water trickling from underneath, probably the water pump, switched off immedietly.

Now then what do you reckon has popped, water pump?

Oiled up me bumpers, ran the bike for 20 minutes & shut the garage door, what's the next step?

I assume, radiator out & put new water pump on, unless you guys can point me to something else.

Cheers Sam.

Hi chaps, just beem out to the garage to run the motors & oil up the chrome for hibernation when:-

Engine fired up (as always) but fan belt was schreeching, had a look & water pump & alternator not turning at all, only run for 10 seconds or so.

Switched off, turned it by hand & fired her back up, everything spinning ok, but I noticed water trickling from underneath, probably the water pump, switched off immedietly.

Now then what do you reckon has popped, water pump?

Oiled up me bumpers, ran the bike for 20 minutes & shut the garage door, what's the next step?

I assume, radiator out & put new water pump on, unless you guys can point me to something else.

Cheers Sam.

All the signs of frozen coolant or maybe siezed water pump, I hope for your sake that it is not frozen though.You do need more than just 25% of antifreeze for the temeratures that we are having in some parts of the Country these last few days.

Edited by Julian