Engine Loom

Ru55

I am looking for a 2 ltr engine loom. The loom I have has been cut through at the bulkhead.

My other option is to join it. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the engine harness as I would splice all the cables if I knew which was which. Lots are the same colour unfortunately.

Thans in advance,

Russ

Do you mean the entire wiring loom for the engine bay including lights coil etc, or just the engine stuff?

The engine uses propotionately very little of the wires in the engine bay. If on carb it only needs an ignition live to the coil and a live to the starter solenoid to run.

Or do you mean injection?

If its an injection loom you're looking for, there's some on ebay.de pretty regularly, there's one here now, includes ECU:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Einspritzanlage-Kabelbaum-CIH-Manta-Ascona-Kadett-Motor-/350441545124?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item5197f19da4

I built a replacement injection loom for my A-series over the Winter, using a wiring diagram for LE-injection I found on the American GT forum. All pins and connectors are available new, except the 5-pin connector for the AFM. I meant to do a 'how-to' for anyone that wanted to do the same, but never got round to it...but will eventually!