Coupe Panels / Gt Seats (Recaro Fabric?)

2400man

Hello All,

I’ve been finishing off the cutting up of a C reg GT/E coupe that my mate started (ouch!). I've been careful to salvage what I think might be useful panels.

A lot of the body shell was too far gone (a bit like me lol!) but the two rear quarter panels are ok apart from the fact that the rear bumper panel was cut out beforehand, taking some of each side panel with it. Still the arches might be of use if nothing else.

th_13032011258.jpg

th_13032011260.jpg

th_13032011263.jpg

th_13032011264.jpg

I also have the firewall/battery tray/wiper slam panel.

th_13032011267.jpg

If you click on any of these photos you can have a look at the other ones I've taken of the shell and seats.

I'm not sure what the second hand value of these 3 panels is but I’m asking £70 a piece. That at least will cover some of the long hours I’ve spent carefully cutting everything. I only have the prices of new panels from Dr Manta to go by, like the wiper slam panel at 179 euros and the rear quarters at 999 euros! Of course my rear panels aren't complete.

I also have two front GT/Berlinetta type seats, which I think were out of an Exclusive Hatch. As you can see the driver’s bolster is nicely worn. I’ve noticed that the grey fabric looks the same as that used for the bolsters on the Daytona check GT/E Recaros so could be used for a retrim.

th_13032011251.jpg

th_13032011253.jpg

th_13032011257.jpg

A big thanks to Mr Newport for his help with this.

Cheers

David

Having seen some rusty Manta's in the past, and many repaired where most would have scrapped, I can say by looking at the pics you posted up, that looked to be a good one.

Shame the rear panel was cut out as rear quarter panels are very scarce and very very expensive compared to a rear panel, repair arches still available though.Surely would have been better to drill through the few spot welds on the rear panel to quarter panel and remove a bit of boot floor with the rear panel than to hack through the rear quarters like that.

Oh well, good luck with sale.

Just been looking further at the pics you posted up.

The washer bottle, battery tray, scuttle panel, heater box area pic is all good, and also looking at the chassis rail sections on this pic, they too look to be good.

Just can't comprehend looking at those pics why the hell someone had the bright idea to hack this to pieces, and if you are wondering just what the hell it has to do with me.... Well it should be of most members concern on this website, as the club constitution states "To promote the use and preservation of the marque" or words to that effect, and not to promote the hacking to pieces of a good car into useless parts for a quick buck.

If I'm wrong and it was a bad car then I apologise,,,, BUT ti certainly doesn't look like it was.

Having seen some rusty Manta's in the past, and many repaired where most would have scrapped, I can say by looking at the pics you posted up, that looked to be a good one.

I agree it's shame but as I said I didn't start the process. I was left the shell as you see it in the photos on photobucket with the nose cone and rear bumper panel cut off.

Having said that, as I dismantled it, there was evidence of patching on the floor pan, inner sills, inner rear arches, inner wings and chassis rails which needed re doing, plus the roof (sun roof) was pretty rotten so it would have taken some work even if it was complete.

What were thi bad areas on the manta apart fae driver`s bolster.asking oot owe interest as an enthusiast.

Hi Rab, are you just asking about the seats? If so they are pretty good apart from that. If you look at the photobucket album, there some more photos of them. There's a scratch mark on the vinyl on the back of one of them and that's it.

cheers

David