Manta A Shell For Project

mantasrme

I'm after a Manta A shell for a project, a bare shell or rolling shell would be fine as we have a complete donor car with good running gear and interior

The plan was to rebuild it but the shell is too far gone to repair econimically, there was a large amount of filler holding it together over bad repairs and rust.

Its been stored for over a year waiting and when i finaly got to check it over it looked like this

Rear arch repair that was tack welded on and filled over

The rot had spread upwards from the arch and forwards along the quater

ork4.jpg

The OS rear sill hadn't even been welded to the 1/4 panel, just filled over with rot forming from inside

ork5.jpg

The inner sill had been patched but had rotted free as only the lower half had been welded, the upper was siliconed in place

ork7.jpg

OS A pillar was rotting away under large amounts of seam sealer and silicone sealer

ork11.jpg

Floor has been patched from above, and also double skinned below with the original floor still inbetween rotting away

ork9.jpg

Thats just the drivers side i haven't even dug into the other side as i think the shell might colapse without the filler holding it together :blink:

So if anyone knows of a bare shell/ rolling shell/ or even complete car going for reasonable money please let me know.

We aren't after a complete running MOT'd car, one that needs some welding is fine (we already have a collection of panels that were to repair this shell)

Cheers :thumbup

Do they do Kurust by the tanker full :D

Give Mick a ring at Wizbang Fabrication on 07780 671199, I sold him a rolling shell awhile back which is in excellent condition I dry stored it for nearly 20 years.Has no rot in it as someone did work before I got it,

Call that rust? Thats barely some surface patches. Get it fixed! :lol:

The problem is its mostly patches, over patches, over the original rusty steel with another patch from underneath :blink:

If i was repairing it for myself i'd be chopping it all out and making 2" box chassis rails with flat floors and adding wide arches

But this is a customers car and for me to rebuild it will cost more than a replacement shell

Might be worth giving Simon Peckham a shout (Suffolk County Mantas) he did have at least one shell he was trying to sell a while back

Andy

Ta, E-mail sent. Remember he sold an A on e-bay not long back. Wish i'd bought it now :rolleyes:

Do they do Kurust by the tanker full :D

Don't use Kurust, only Bilt hamber for me :D

Give Mick a ring at Wizbang Fabrication on 07780 671199, I sold him a rolling shell awhile back which is in excellent condition I dry stored it for nearly 20 years.Has no rot in it as someone did work before I got it,

Cheers for that :thumbup