Ascona B, 4 Door. Very Quick.

paulmanta

I am posting this on behalf of a mate who has no internet access.

FOR SALE

1981 Opel Ascona 2.0s (originally)

4 door white 78k miles

Modifications

Engine: 2.4 Frontera Block

2.2 Carlton injection system (with 2.4 injectors)

Engine rebuilt 4000 miles ago, rebored with forged pistons,

higher compression ratio and 'fast-road' cam from Cat Cams.

Ignition timing governed by KMS Electronics

K&N air filter

Additional Kenlowe fan switched on dash

Jetex 'straight-through' large bore exhaust

Lightened flywheel

Clutch uprated to 9" from 3litre Senator

Gearbox: Very fresh Getrag 5 speed from Manta GTE on top grade fully synthetic oil

Quaife ATB constant variable limited slip diff

H+R springs (very good quality german manufacturer) 50mm lower

Spax adjustable shocks

'Hi-Spec' brakes. Black Motorsport Calipers

Front: four pot calipers on vented and grooved discs

Rear: two pot calipers on grooved discs

Adjustment valve to rear brake line in engine bay (near battery)

5 new A.T.S. Cup 15" deep dish alloy wheels

wearing Falken 205/50/15 tyres (only slightly worn)

Manta GTE fuel tank and pump

Interior is in very good condition. It is black and blue with Recaro front seats from a Monza

A rev counter has been added, Nice sized three spoke wooden steering wheel, wood and

chrome gear knob and Momo pedals

Superb stereo. Alpine CD/Radio head unit with J.L. Audio 6" cones and matching dash mounted tweeters

in the front, Alpine 6x9s in rear parcel shelf. In the boot there is an Alpine 12" sub with two Alpine

power amps (one for the interior, one for the sub) - All in professionally built solid and discreet housing

Bodywork includes a front dam, rear spoiler, door mounted Manta 'Exclusive' wing mirrors and bumpers

all painted white to match the car. There is a little rust at the bottom of the doors, the offside front wing

is worse and needs replacement. Otherwise the bodywork is not bad at all. It wants money spent bringing it into line with the rest of the car now. I don't have these funds

which is the reason why I'm selling the car, and because I now own a more practical Volvo Estate which suits my

work needs better.

The engine bay, wheelarches and door sills are pretty much rust free, as is the entire subframe / chassis. It was well

sealed from new and is as good as you will ever find.

I have owned the car for seven years. The conversion work was done with the expert help of Paul Newport in

Penzance. (He knows the car well) It puts out 160/170 or so bhp and 190 or so lbs/square ft of torque.

The torque curve is big and flat all the way between 2000 and 5000 rpm. IT GOES! It handles joyously and it grips!

The car has had in excess of £10,000 spent on parts alone throughout its modification. Sadly I can no longer keep

it as I do not have the funds to spend on the bodywork, which it needs. It's a cracking car and has been reliable

for me over the last seven years. Anyone who wants to make the commitment to spend on the bodywork will

be quids in on value and will love owning and driving it for sure.

It is taxed and mot'd.

I am asking £4750 Or offers.

Contact Tom by telephone please on 07843 226 137 (Brighton, Sussex)

Edited by paulmanta

I have now got some pics from Tom of the Ascona.

Like I said before, It's not mine, I am just posting it for a Tom so if you are interested in it and want to have a look/haggle/etc then contact him via the number in the first post.

Thanks, Paul.

opel1.jpg

opel2.jpg

opel6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Tom phoned me and has told me he intends to go to Billing with the car, it's still up for sale, the price has reduced to £4500 and it has just had a new radiator.

I think it is worth it, it's a cracking car that just needs a tidy up to be a perfect car.

Bump.

Tom phoned me and has told me he intends to go to Billing with the car, it's still up for sale, the price has reduced to £4500 and it has just had a new radiator.

I think it is worth it, it's a cracking car that just needs a tidy up to be a perfect car.

He should stick it on ebay ;)