Caliper Bolts

78manta

please help im in desperate need of 2 brake caliper bolts later GTE style calipers (bolt goes through the slider with allen key style head) had the calipers off while doing another job and when it came time to put it all bck together some how 2 bolts have gone missing i hope someone can help

I'm still looking for 1 bolt if anyone has 1 or knows where I can get a replacement I need to get the car back on the road ASAP as its possible I'm going 2b losing my storage place soon which also means if it comes to tht I may b forced 2 sell the old girl if I Cnt find somewhere else 2 store her

I'm still looking for 1 bolt if anyone has 1 or knows where I can get a replacement I need to get the car back on the road ASAP as its possible I'm going 2b losing my storage place soon which also means if it comes to tht I may b forced 2 sell the old girl if I Cnt find somewhere else 2 store her

put your address and i will find one and post it

measure the bolts you have and try to find a standard replacement...

i.e. if they are an M12 x 70 Cap head, simply look on Ebay or a fastener supplier, here you go I quickly googled this and came up with this http://www.margnor-online.co.uk/153m12x70.html

Not too sure what size the caliper bolts are, but If I remember correctly theyy are not far off of this size

Calliper bolts are safety-critical.

Don't just match the size, match the spec of steel used too. NAMRICK will do this for you but you have to buy lots. Pity it's not the older type calliper as I have some bolts for those left over from needing to buy them myself!

BJ

measure the bolts you have and try to find a standard replacement...

i.e. if they are an M12 x 70 Cap head, simply look on Ebay or a fastener supplier, here you go I quickly googled this and came up with this http://www.margnor-online.co.uk/153m12x70.html

Not too sure what size the caliper bolts are, but If I remember correctly theyy are not far off of this size

Pretty sure they are a fine thread, cap heads tend to have a 12.9 tensile strength rating.

HTH

Chris

Pretty sure they are a fine thread, cap heads tend to have a 12.9 tensile strength rating.

HTH

Chris

That's right mate 12.9 just like on the link I supplied :thumbup And "if" metric fine then that shouldn't be a problem for most suppliers either, I've never had a problem finding the correct nuts and bolts, the whole world is held together by them, recently bought some M7 off the shelf.

Everything is available and not necessarily needed to be old stressed bolts off of a Manta. :thumbup