Warning... Be Carefull What Photos You Post On The Web.

mantaray

Last week I renewed my Motor Traders road risk insurance for another year. Today I received a phone call from my brocker to inform me that my insurance had been declined and would be canciled in 7 days time.

Now here the good bit :angry: :

When I asked why, I was told that the underwriter had done an imformation serch on me and had found my company web site. Because there were ( I have now removed them) some pics of my Manta and Carlton on the site they have deemed that I trade with modified cars. As they do not cover modified cars my police has been declined.

While trying to find a new policy today, I have found that the reson i got such a good quote from my old company, is that they are the only ones who offer insurace without modified car cover. So now I find my self in a position where I have to take out a policy that covers me for all cars be they modified or not, even tho I don't need this level of cover.

So far the best quote I've come up with is £300 more expencive than my renewal.

All because of some photos that showed work I'd done to my own cars years before i set up my bussiness.

Blimey, thats not good. I know of someone who posted pics of their modified car on a car forum, DVLA had see the car on the forum and requested a Vehicle identity check. Once inspected, they were told it needed an IVA and if he wanted to keep using it on the road, he would need to have it IVA'ed.... It now sits in his garage.

that takes the piss i noticed the same thing with mine on the second page of me policy i was not covered on cars that are older then 25 yrs old also modified cars they are just making it harder for us to have lots of nice toys on one policy should be fun getting a price this year had one ask me how often do i drive these sort of cars ?% 5 ?% so on and so on look like classic policy for mine stroke m trade policy

• 1 month later...

Really love swedish insurance! We have the insurance signed for the car. And then any full licensed driver can drive it on the same insurance. And when a car is 30 years or older the car become taxfree. The cost for a policy is calculated from an estimated driving distans during the year, the power in the car, where you live and park your car over night, your age and accident free years. So right now I pay 2£/month in a garage policy. A full veteran policy will cost me about 100£/year.