Twin Headlight Securing.

taylorblue5

I might take you up on that

quad1.jpg

quad2.jpg

quad3.jpg

quad4.jpg

quad5.jpg

if you have the type of bezel im after i'll swap with ya - cant really see in the pics you posted what they look like but i must stay i have two sets of quad lights and want to use the type that dont have the medal frames

• Like 1

if you have the type of bezel im after i'll swap with ya - cant really see in the pics you posted what they look like but i must stay i have two sets of quad lights and want to use the type that dont have the medal frames

Well I'm not parting with any one piece plastic bezels sorry, and the two piece ones are the ones that do have metal frames so without clarifying you are in a catch 22.

You can pretty much see everything from the pics. The only thing you can't see on the black 2 piece items is the rings that screw to gether to hold the light units and have the adjusters mounted on.

in the pile of quad light kits i have here (which totals 5 headlight units) i can see i have 3 different methods of retaining the lamp assembly into the headlight unit, on one set of lights i have the two piece metal rings which are screwed together mounted to a steel frame and looks the same as your pics - not what im after.

On the odd headlight i have there is a one piece plastic moulded frame that uses 3 spring clips to retain the lamp - not what im after.

On the other set of headlights the lamp is retained using a two plastic rings which appear clamp the lamp by sliding together and being glued - this is what im after ^_^

I have never heard of the third method!!

The first one described with the steel frames is the original, Irmscher type as fitted to genuine 400's and I200's etc, and in my humble opinion by far the best one!

The next, with the spring clips, is the later type as used on exclusives

The third sounds very odd! I have never seen anything where the lamp is glued in, unless its a spring clip type that has been glued!

I have never heard of the third method!!

The first one described with the steel frames is the original, Irmscher type as fitted to genuine 400's and I200's etc, and in my humble opinion by far the best one!

The next, with the spring clips, is the later type as used on exclusives

The third sounds very odd! I have never seen anything where the lamp is glued in, unless its a spring clip type that has been glued!

Yes you have. The third one is the plastic bezels that hold CIBIE light units, the Irmscher / Cibie rather than the irmscher/Lucas that use same one piece bezels.

Yep, got loads of those but not parting with them :)

Yes you have. The third one is the plastic bezels that hold CIBIE light units, the Irmscher / Cibie rather than the irmscher/Lucas that use same one piece bezels.

Yep, got loads of those but not parting with them :)

Isnt the club spirit meant to be all about helping each other? :(

Iv got loads of them but not parting? Nobody likes a boaster Buddy. Wont be that when ur after somethin.

1) My reflectors are rusted and these tend to break being old plastic when dismantling so I have my car to do and the next one that's

2) I've given away a lot more parts than I've bought off here.

Ye, iv got loads of big winged sumps and built rear lsd axle's but there mine!!!!!!!!!!! I wish.

No prob I'm ok for sumps, but I was selling 1.8 engines and gearboxes for £50 to people with 1.8 cars 10 years ago when the parts were still worht way more. No LSDs required

Yeah, that would be the bit where I had about £5K of parts you couldn't get in the UK imported for people at bulk discount cost price a couple of years ago.

Bearing in mind I was willing to swap a complete irmscher/Hella set up, which ok does need new light units but does have the mounting rings, for one bare bezel if it was the correct side I don't think that is a mean offer.

TBH the club spirit is that we are supposed to help each other out, but in my LONG experience it tends to end up being very one sided, I remember giving Wings away for the price of a pint and then you go ahead a few years and I suddenly find I need a few odds and sods and no-one tends to be forthcoming.

If it was the case Now, that people were offering me the parts I pretty much gave away the club would be a thriving place, and I do not blame any long standing club member/Manta owner for hanging on to his spares. :unsure::blink:^_^:o;)

• Like 1