Getrag 265 To 2.0 Xe Or 2.0 Let, Custom Bellhousing

Kevin Abbott

This is a difficult thing to part with, myself and Rutts came up with this idea but as I no longer have a use for it, it is for sale

This will enable the Getrag 265 to mate with the XE or LET engine and will let you throw all the power you possibly could put into a gearbox from the biggest baddest turbo you have and the 265 will shout

" Bring it on "

It is made from a cut down 1800 box ( currently selling for £250 on ebay :blink: )

Then hours of cutting measuring drilling milling and welding have made this

8a22ff23.jpg

Pah you say! What's that?

Well it does this

0b47ac9c.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Google 265 to xe and see the trouble people have gone to, to try and do this!

77f8bb1f.jpg

60f1b66a.jpg

The price for mine?

£275 :o

Yep it's expensive but add up the cost of making one :unsure:

Collection from me will be great for me and payment in cash even better

Paypal OK by gift too

The 265 box is not included and is not for sale as it is my only spare

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I have just become a manta rally car owner and am looking for a suitable geAr box conversion. The 4 speed ford is right on the limit so I am looking for options. I know this is an old post but I would appreciate any advice or guidance. Thx Simon

Great price Kev, That is a great price considering the amount of time and effort that has gone into that, and a absolute bargain at that (as per usual you will get pi**take offers though) I'm sure it will not be around for long

Hi Kev, the engine will be at least 240bhp but may be 260 dependant on final spec. It will be plus 200 lb/ft torque and rev to 9000. In theory the 265 should manage this nicely. My philosophy is to ensure the drivetrain is strong enough to manage a seasons work without a rebuild ie 500 stage miles. I am happy to listen to advice! Cheers Simon

The 240 is good for about 200 horse and after that you have to be careful and not launch the car as the box will go 'pop'

The 265 is a different animal as it has mega strong bearings

The cosworth touring cars dumped the Borg Warner box in favour of the getrag 265

It's rumoured the 265 can take 500 horse all day!

The omega box retro power use seem to be able to take big power too ( I'm sure Callum will be along to tell you about that )

If you want to go extreme like a mate has done them go for an Elite Transmissions sequential 6 speed custom ratio box and racing clutch

You won't get any change from 10k though ;-)

I'd go 265 buys that's my personal choice.

Cheap at around £350 for a high power box

You may have to make a bell housing to suit as I had done for the 265 to LET and 264 to cosworth YB

The 240 is good for about 200 horse and after that you have to be careful and not launch the car as the box will go 'pop'

The 265 is a different animal as it has mega strong bearings

The cosworth touring cars dumped the Borg Warner box in favour of the getrag 265

It's rumoured the 265 can take 500 horse all day!

The omega box retro power use seem to be able to take big power too ( I'm sure Callum will be along to tell you about that )

If you want to go extreme like a mate has done them go for an Elite Transmissions sequential 6 speed custom ratio box and racing clutch

You won't get any change from 10k though ;-)

I'd go 265 buys that's my personal choice.

Cheap at around £350 for a high power box

You may have to make a bell housing to suit as I had done for the 265 to LET and 264 to cosworth YB

Cheers Kev

well that kind of blows my understanding to bits...haha

interesting stuff there, just goes to show how misinformation can be a problem

Got a dog-legg first box 265 out of an old BMW few years back. Think from memory the prop shaft goes onto the gearbox with a rubber ring setup.

Did the 400 works cars use a 265 box back in the day ??

Cheers

Edited by ascona400r