Manta B, Ascona B And Manta A Panels Back In Stock With Prices!

Retro Power

You don't "need" to but I would if it were my car. It would be a very good opportunity to strip down, clean up (blast?) and repaint all the front end bits at the same time, and it would be very difficult to do the bump stop properly without damaging the surrounding car, and burning paint and underseal in localised areas which will then lead to rust setting in.

If it were mine I'd borrow or cobble up a frame to hang the engine off the chassis rail tops, then drop the front crossmember out leaving the engine suspended in there, and take my time over pulling it all apart and making it all nice over the horrid weather months. (assuming you don't need the car)

It's a lovely car, one of the best in the club in my opinion!

I am looking for Ascona headlight surrounds for both sides,are they still avalible and how would you like paid if they are as i wont try and make them myself if i can buy them at that price..

Cheers

Raymond.

unfortunately i've only got one r/h panel left.

That would be £20 inc. post.

paypal to 'paypal@retropower.co.uk'

Cheers.

Added 'a' panel repair sections which are handmade in our workshop: see the original post for pictures and prices ;-)

If you are doing any welding on a Manta I'll bet you have to do some work to the dreaded A panel area

Now 65 quid might seem a lot of money but if you want to do the job "right" you don't have a lot of choice...... but when you consider how long it probably takes for someone to whack that piece of metal into that shape (and the fact that it probably fits better out the box than any of the Klokker stuff) it's bit of a bargain IMO.

Nice to see a bit of craftsmanship once in a while.

If you are doing any welding on a Manta I'll bet you have to do some work to the dreaded A panel area

Now 65 quid might seem a lot of money but if you want to do the job "right" you don't have a lot of choice...... but when you consider how long it probably takes for someone to whack that piece of metal into that shape (and the fact that it probably fits better out the box than any of the Klokker stuff) it's bit of a bargain IMO.

Nice to see a bit of craftsmanship once in a while.

Always surprised we don't sell more of these, as i've not worked on a single manta or ascona that didn't need this area sorting. I think maybe most people pay more attention to the visible bits and neglect the hidden horrors!

I see you have floorpans for Chevettes there, any chance of similar following in the future for the Mantas?

no plans yet. i know there is somebody doing small-run pressings in germany, as they are available from the likes of P.S.Autoteile and Leidinger Tuning, but i've not sussed out who is making them yet! They are not that great either. Might have to look into getting some pressing runs done ourselves..... watch this space!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We will be receiving our next stock shipment in the next couple of weeks. The last lot sold out in terms of sills and arches in a week (10 pair of each!), so if you need any manta/ascona sills or arches then let us know and I'll stick your name on them! Some of the prices have moved a little, but I think the worst case is £2 extra! we republish the prices once I have a definitive list!

Edited by Retro Power

Hi John, yes it is that part, but no, I don't have any in at the moment! I can try adding a pair onto my current order with our supplier, I may or may not be able to tag it on, I will let you know!

cheers

Nat

Excellent thanks Nat. I also need the inner wing reinforcer too if you can get anymore (drivers side RHD).

• 2 weeks later...