X20 Head And 20S*xxx Engine. Unleaded?

dmayoort

Hello.

I have bought and engine from a junkyard which has a X20 head and the block has a * between the 20S and the number.

I have read that the X20 heads are not suitable to run unleaded but I also have read that engines with the * are.... So, can my head runs unleaded?

Thanks in advance

Edited by dmayoort

hi. x20 heads are not suitable as you thought. the engine number with the star is on all anyway so disregad that on the cam in head engines. what you need is a head with p2 on it for a carburrettor or p2e for injection. or have yours fitted with unleaded exhaust seats.since you would have to remove your heads anyway why not just run it as it is and see what happens. many of the so called valve seat recession has been overeggagerated.the new up and coming issue nowadays is the e10 fuel thats supposed to be coming in ??????????

• 7 years later...
22 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

hi jess. yes its ok but it will be a pre 85 leaded head .hence normal valve seats rather thanhardened.

hi jess. yes its ok but it will be a pre 85 leaded head .hence normal valve seats rather thanhardened

Ah, ok that makes sense now you have pointed it out, thanks

2 hours ago, Snowy said:

I have a GTE P2 head if you need one. Much cheaper than converting one to unleaded.

Thanks for the offer but I don’t use CIH engines now, It was more to know what I had incase someone was asking for one.