Essex/suffolk/kent/herts Monthly Meet Started.

smiffy220

Thought I'd start a new thread for this month, and the South East locations listed is expanding too!!

Had a look at the calender, and come up with the following suggestions, but open to any other that work for everyone:-

Thurs 27th 7pm @ The Lodge in Battlesbridge again. Coincide with CVCM like May.

Fri 28th 7pm - 7.30pm @ The Dick Turpin on the A127.

Sun 30th 6pm @ The Barge in Battlesbridge

Another venue could be The Halfway House on the A127 near Brentwood?

Just my starter suggestions, feel free to 'mix and match' dates and venues, or suggest others?

Simon P I know won't fancy the Lodge again? It's usually ok there, I am still a little shocked at your experiences there. Maybe try again and see if it's any better next time?

Lets see if we can beat the 6 cars there last week? Either confirm with a suggested date/venue, or just a yes if can make any of them? Lets make it a good pre-billing meet!

Dave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dave

How about outside your house,so you can make it on time without breaking down!

Only joking mate.

I can't do the 27 or 28 as I am away on a training course.

Haha, now there's an idea! Might have to consider how I break the news of that to the wife!!

Looking like I won't have the daily driver back still by then either.

Any other dates or venues preferable for anybody?

Hi everyone great to meet so many of you, i will be up for making this a monthly thing fridays or sundays are better for me as don't know where i am mon/thurs most weeks as work has me on days and nights maybe local sometimes but the last few months ive been up north, wales and europe.

The halfway house would be good i remember going there with my dad and his hatch (auto) must have been 20 or so years ago.

saying that i will meet anywhere as is nice to just get out and about.

see you all soon

karl

Hi Dave,

Weekends are best for me just because I cannot guarantee getting home on time during the week.

Still contemplating Layer Marney this weekend but am trying to find out if I am moving house next Tuesday or not. If not then I'll try and get there but if I am finally moving then I'll need to finish packing.

Speak to you soon.

Mark

PS been to Middlesbrough and now have the necessary bits to convert the auto to a manual so that's got to be done at some stage.

Ok, let's set something in stone here shall we. I am going to say the 30th June on the Sunday, 6pm at The Halfway House on the A127 at junction with A128 Brentwood.

Just hoping it's not too manic there on a Sunday evening as a lot of people will be there for food. Hopefully early enough it won't be too busy.

Confirmations please chaps?

Dave - SRB Coupe.

Thats fine by me no problems ,i can always be pretty flexible when it comes to these meets as whatever else im doing id prefer to arrange around going to a meet anyway.

im still going to attend the lodge at battlesbridge on the thurs ,if anybody fancies coming along

Thats fine by me no problems ,i can always be pretty flexible when it comes to these meets as whatever else im doing id prefer to arrange around going to a meet anyway.

im still going to attend the lodge at battlesbridge on the thurs ,if anybody fancies coming along

I might be down there on the Thurs anyway Paul, I often am for the CVCM meet.

Hi Dave,

Got my moving date and its the first week of July so may not be able to make the 30th.

Went to Layer Marney today and it was pretty good. Saw Rob from Tiptree and he may sign up for a forum membership.

Got a couple of nice pics of our cars outside the tower so will try and post them on here.

Speak soon.

Mark

I also picked up some flyers for various show's today in case anyone else is interested:

7 July Maldon

14th July - Tolleshunt Knights - contact suz2811@aol.com - limited space so booking required

27th & 28th July West Bergholt - contact MJ Culham 01206 271253

11th August - Fordham vehicle show - contact Lou 07532 433390 or Maxine 07766 957953 - all cars must be prebooked

22nd September Little Clacton Classic Car Show - you can just turn up on the day - postcode is CO16 9ND for satnav

Mark

I also picked up some flyers for various show's today in case anyone else is interested:

7 July Maldon

14th July - Tolleshunt Knights - contact suz2811@aol.com - limited space so booking required

27th & 28th July West Bergholt - contact MJ Culham 01206 271253

11th August - Fordham vehicle show - contact Lou 07532 433390 or Maxine 07766 957953 - all cars must be prebooked

22nd September Little Clacton Classic Car Show - you can just turn up on the day - postcode is CO16 9ND for satnav

Mark

I'm booked in for the Maldon show on the 7th July anyway Mark, the others I'll have a look at, but got a busy August/Sept planned for shows. Have you considered the Colchester Castle Park one on the 8th Sept?

Hope you can make the 30th, and I have texted Rob. Obviously if you can't you can't, are you moving far?

Dave

Hi dave

Have you got a post code for the halfway house.

Cheers

I've lifted this off another forum that use the Halfway House for car meets - CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

It's pretty straightforward though, if you come off the M25 at the A127 junction, head east towards Southend and I think it's the 2nd junction you take a left on A128 towards Brentwood. The entrance to the pub is about 200 yards up on the left hand side, but you end up driving back down towards the A127 as the pub looks out over the junction!

Hope the postcode helps. See you Sunday week!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Booked in for the 7th July, do you want to meet up somewhere and go in together so we can park up next to each other?

Not moving far, about 10 miles down the road towards Ipswich.

I also uploaded a photo from Layer Marney with Rob's Manta too:

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/MarkB110/20130616_161254_zps49f7a474.jpg

Mark

Edited by MarkB1

I've lifted this off another forum that use the Halfway House for car meets - CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

It's pretty straightforward though, if you come off the M25 at the A127 junction, head east towards Southend and I think it's the 2nd junction you take a left on A128 towards Brentwood. The entrance to the pub is about 200 yards up on the left hand side, but you end up driving back down towards the A127 as the pub looks out over the junction!

Hope the postcode helps. See you Sunday week!

Dave

I think in fact you can drive straight off the A127 (eastbound) into the pub, without even going up to the A128 roundabout. As the A128 junction peels off there's an extra filter lane on the left for the Travelodge and pub.

I'm hoping to get there myself but it's touch and go whether the Manta will be back on the road by then...

Picture from Google:

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/74009/media/HalfwayHousecopy.jpg.html

Stuart

Edited by 74009

I think in fact you can drive straight off the A127 (eastbound) into the pub, without even going up to the A128 roundabout. As the A128 junction peels off there's an extra filter lane on the left for the Travelodge and pub.

I'm hoping to get there myself but it's touch and go whether the Manta will be back on the road by then...

Picture from Google:

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/74009/media/HalfwayHousecopy.jpg.html

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I so rarely come that way, I wasn't sure if you still could or not so didn't want to suggest it and find I was wrong.

Hope to see you Sunday, with or without Manta.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Booked in for the 7th July, do you want to meet up somewhere and go in together so we can park up next to each other?

Not moving far, about 10 miles down the road towards Ipswich.

I also uploaded a photo from Layer Marney with Rob's Manta too:

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/MarkB110/20130616_161254_zps49f7a474.jpg

Mark

Hi Mark, pics look good outside the Tower. Be good to see you on the 7th July. Are you able to come this Sunday do you think though, could sort out arrangements then?

If not, I am meeting a mate of mine with a classic Ferrari and will be following him in at Maldon. Suspect we will meet just around the corner as he's coming down from Colchester way too. Once I've sorted arrangements with him, I'll let you know.

Dave

Sorry I didn't get there today - my Manta is actually back on the road now (since Thursday) but there's still a couple of niggling things I want to sort out.

Should be able to make the next one as long as I'm around on the date.

Stuart